Chapter 26

So! I've really been pumping out the chapters these last few days! It'll probably slow down after this! I got tafe to do! ^^' I WAS JUST SO EXCITED TO GET THIS SPECIFIC CHAPTER OUT!!! I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS ME!!!

--------------------

"People are staring at us..."

"Ignore them."

"But-"

"Just ignore them Sol. People stare but they don't ask questions."

Solerah hummed in discontent as they both continued to walk down the street in the early morning. There weren't a lot of people out this early but the ones who were, well they got to enjoy the sight of a half naked man in tattered pants and a giant woman with an unnatural colour scheme. Solerah was temporarily stuck in her true form, unable to change back until she fully healed and since she was hit with auroniam it was taking her a lot longer to heal.

"How many times have you had to do this that you're so use to this?"

"Enough."

Solerah decided to stop talking for now, hearing Bruce's grouchy attitude in his voice as they both walked down the street, looking for a motel. Not that she could blame him, Bruce had a lot to be mad about right now so she tried to be as accommodating as she could for him.

------------------------

Bruce kept a straight face as the man stationed at the front desk of a cheap motel laughed in his face, he could smell the alcohol off the the mans breath. Bruce was trying to get a room as Solerah looked around the room curiously.

"What are you suppose to be?!"

"Costume party."

Bruce wanted to scowl at the drunken man but he held his tongue, it worked out better in the long run if anyone came asking questions.

"Six nights." Bruce waved the bill that Solerah had given him earlier at the deskman in an attempt to get him to stop laughing. He took the cash and turned around to grab them a room key.

"Did we get a room?" Solerah approached the counter, a bundle of pamphlets in hand.

"Whoa there! You are one tall glass of water." The deskman gave a low appreciative whistle as he looked at her up and down.

"Oh, um, I'm sure you're very sweet but-"

"She's taken." Bruce snatched the room key from the man with one hand and grabbed Solerah's with his other and turned away to walk down the corridor.

-------------------------

"I'm sorry Bruce." Solerah said as she looked at Bruce with a slight pout, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Why?"

"We can't go anywhere until I'm healed."

Bruce's face softened and he sat down beside her, tilting sideways slightly towards her since she created a much larger dip in the bed where she sat then he did.

He placed his hand over the top of hers.

"Stop saying your sorry."

They sat in comfortable silence for the next few moments, enjoying the peace.

"Bruce?" Solerah broke the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Is it weird that I'm taller then you now?"

"A little." Bruce said with a sly grin causing Solerah to giggle.

"I like being shorter then you."