~5~

I know I know be mad at me for not updating sooner. I have an excuse but I don't think you want to hear it so I'll just write the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~5~

"Layla I honestly don't think I should go to the Carson party" I said giving Layla a worried look.

"Excuse me but Kat you're going, please for me." She said giving me the puppy eyes.

"No the minions are gonna be there trying to find their 'Prince Charming' which annoys me, plus if they see me there then they'll tell Lucy and I'll get in trouble." I explained. When I got home after 'shopping' Layla texted me asking if I was going to the party, of course me being the stick in the mud said no.

"But Kat you have to, it'll be your first junior party." Layla tries to reason. I give her an are-you-serious look. She had to think of a good deal cuz I was a really hard person to make a dal with. Soon enough her face brightens up with an idea. "We can have movie night every time I ask you ever again if you want to go to a party." She suggested.

Movie night? We used to have them all the time in freshmen and softmore year. Now that she is overrun by homework and soccer, we don't really hangout after school which I'm starting to miss.

In order to make a suspense I give her the I'm thinking look, "I guess I'll go to the party" I said with a playfully tired remark.

Layla just jumped for joy when I said yes to going to that party with her. " Okay I'll do your hair make up and so on." She clapped.

Oh boy what did I get myself into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Layla are you kidding me I'm not wearing a strapless top to my first party!" I semi-yelled at her.

"Ugh fine pick something out for yourself cuz I give up" She said exasperatedly.

"Will do," I said turning to my closet.

After what seemed like a thousand years of searching, I finally picked out a grey and black loose fitted Abrocrombie shirt and skinny jeans. What no one said I had to wear a dress or skirt.

Layla wasn't wearing a dress either, she was wearing shorts and her Stanford soccer jersey that she altered so that it had three inch shoulder sleeves and was fitted.

"How long dose it take to put makeup on Layla, I mean really." I told her getting tired if waiting.

"Baloney, if you were me you would probably take longer." she said applying a bit of mascara to her eyelashes. "Oh and my cousin Luke is going to be there so we need to find him when we get there."

I groaned in frustration at all the stuff we had to do before, during and after the the party. "Fine," Ok now I was really getting tired of waiting so I went to go start the can an listen to the radio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was supper nervous about going to tho party. What if people thought I looked bad or didn't wear the right clothes. The party was already in full swing when we got there, the music was loud and people were dancing and drinking.

I think Layla noticed I was nervous cause she said "Don't worry Kat you look great." she assured me.

"And what makes you think I'm nervous?" I questioned.

She crossed her arms over her chest, "Well for starters, you're playing with your fingers and your mouth is slightly open." she said.

It's true though I am nervous, and I do play with my fingers and slightly open my mouth when I'm nervous. "Okay fine I am nervous. But this is my first party and I don't know what to do," I confessed to her.