🍃Chapter Three🍃Stairs and Trains🍃

"I'm gonna slide down the rail on the stairs!"

"No, you only just got out of bed. You might hurt yourself!"

Of course, I ignored Kasai's thoughtful warning and slid down the rail of the stairs anyway. I had no regrets, even when I face-planted the floor at the base of the stairs. It was fun. My friends, being the concerned people they are, rolled around laughing as their master picked herself up from the wooden floor-boards.

"OKAY! OKAY! SERIOUSLY, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!" I telepathically yelled over the laughter, which, thankfully, died away quickly. The guild always knew I was serious when I yelled at them via telepathy, despite them all being older than me. I climbed onto a table so I could seem somewhat professional. Let us just say that a fifteen-year-old striking a (what I thought was) dramatic pose on a table was not a professional action.

"The Grand Magic Games are fast approaching," I announced, "And by that, I mean that if we are going to actually participate, we need to leave for the Capital City, Crocus, tomorrow."

A brief silence followed my words.

"Yeah, you've only mentioned that about, what, fifty billion times in the last week! Not to mention nagging us constantly using your telepathy..." Owan muttered sarcastically. I pouted.

"But we all still love you, Lillie~chan!" Mikami laughed, shooting Owan a dark look.

"Since the Magic Council likes to completely screw us up, they refuse to keep the participation member limit the same every year... It went from five per team, to six, to four, back to five, then to six, and now it's up at seven... So... I wrote to them, explaining that we only have seven members in our guild, and they've made an exception in the 'No Guild Masters are permitted to participate' rule. To meet the requirement of seven people per guild, we'll all have to compete. Any objections?" I closed my mouth, flushing slightly under all the gazes of my friends.

"Pretty sure we're all on board for this!" Cindy grinned, her fingertips igniting with a confident ball of dark flames. Kasai scrambled away as the fire mage started tossing the fire around like it was nothing.

"In the mean time, Cindy? Try not to burn any of us to a crisp..." I sweat-dropped.

"What? Oh, my bad..."

"Aww... It was my life ambition to be turned into a crisp by one of my closest friends!" Gryfin complained. I could tell he was trying so hard not to laugh, as his face was going red with effort of keeping it in. He elbowed Aren, grinning. Aren rolled his eyes. I smiled fondly at my friends.

Mikami and Gryfin had now fallen to the back, whispering to each other, identical evil grins plastered across their features, most likely planning some new pranks... Kasai was talking excitedly about the upcoming games with Owan... And Aren had snatched up a spare napkin, undoubtedly drawing up some sort of 'Battle plan'.

Our own little guild. Our own little Crimson Illusion.

*

"I'll just walk there."

"Lillie."

"This is my decision."

"Lillie, no."

We were all standing on the platform of the train station, waiting to board that train that would take us to the site of the Grand Magic Games, Fiore's capital city, Crocus, and I was... hesitant... to board the train. Of course, this resulted in Cindy and Mikami persuading Kasai to literally carry me onto the train for what I knew what going to be a hellish journey.

"Oh, and if you're going to throw up, do it out the window, and not on my shoes. They're new," Mikami joked.

"Guys, stop being mean to her! Lillie~chan IS the Guild Master..." Gryfin protested. Kasai narrowed his eyes at the earth mage suspiciously.

"Ooh! What is it Kasai?" Cindy smirked, "Do you have a love rival?"

Kasai's cheeks reddened slightly, but he frowned at Cindy, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Come on, you don't have to hide your feelings!" Mikami coaxed.

"Shut up," Kasai grumbled.

I basically ignored their conversation and dove for the window, flinging it open. A cold breeze whipped across my face as the train gathered speed, leaving the station in the dust.

"I still say I should have walked..."