🍃Chapter Eight🍃Double Battle🍃

(Sorry for another late update ;-;)

1st Place: Fairy Tail - 11 points

2nd Place: Sabertooth - 10 points

3rd Place: Lamia Scale - 8 points

4th Place: Mermaid Heel - 6 points

5th Place: Crimson Illusion - 4 points

6th Place: Blue Pegasus - 2 points

7th Place: Quatro Cerberus - 1 point

"OUR NEXT BATTLE WILL BE A TWO VS TWO BATTLE! FROM CRIMSON ILLUSION... AREN ASHE AND MIKAMI OTANO! VERSUS... LAMIA SCALE'S TOBY HORTHORTA AND ROXIE KIRA!" 

"GOOD LUCK!" I hollered at Aren and Mikami as they walked into the mass of cheering, "KASAI SENDS HIS LOVE!"

"I'm going to tell him you said that!" Cindy smirked. I waggled my finger at her.

"Oh, no you don't!"

"PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE THIRTY MINUTES! THREE... TWO... ONE... BEGIN!"

"LET'S GO!" Mikami yelled. I chuckled in amusement as I distinctly heard Aren reply; "You are entirely to hyped up for this, that's not good for our strategy."

But he followed her lead anyway.

Lamia Scale's Toby charged forward to meet Mikami. He slashed, but was blocked when Aren yelled; "Solid Script; Paper conversion: Wall!"

He whipped out a sheet of paper, flicking his finger across it, as if swiping something off.

A sturdy wall materialised before the Lamia Scale wizards, causing Toby to smack face-first into it. I watched in admiration of my guild-mates as Aren conjured up several steps, which Mikami bounded up, coming to a halt on top of the wall. She whipped out two dolls, and set them down either side of her.

"Doll Control, One and Three! Activate!"

The Dolls came to life, growing in size, and deftly jumping down to face Toby and Roxie.

"Offensive Stand!" Mikami commanded. The dolls lunged forward, brandishing their weapons.
Roxie dodged the first doll, and sent several balls of light spinning at Mikami, who didn't dodge in time. Toby had now jumped to his feet, and slashed at Mikami, yelling; "Paralysis Claw; Mega Jellyfish!"

This attack worked, successfully paralysing Mikami, but the Lamia Scale mages were instantly engaged by the dolls once more. One of the dolls was actually swinging around a shining broadsword. That looks dangerous.

Roxie managed to break away from the sword doll, and swung her arm up, causing a wave of light to slam into Aren's wall. It crumbled. This, however, revealed that Aren had not been sitting back doing nothing. A whole trebuchet towered over the wizards. Aren quickly darted over to Mikami, planting himself firmly in front of her.

"Did I distract them for long enough?" Mikami asked hopefully, at which Aren nodded. I laughed in spite of myself.

"They work great as a team!"

"A sense my shipping mode will soon re-awaken..." Cindy murmured, staring down at her two friends, smirking.

The battle was over as soon as Aren activated his trebuchet, which sent the Lamia Scale wizards tumbliing backwards, smashing into the far wall of the arena.

"I think the crowd's warming up to us!" Gryfin yelled over the explosion of cheering and laughter as an over-excited Mikami atually HUGGED Aren, ignoring his protests.

"NEW SHIPPINGS!" Cindy hollered excitedly.

"WHOEVER JUST SCREAMED 'NEW SHIPPINGS' IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND!" Screamed a voice from the Fairy Tail balcony.

"Someone please tell me Mirajane Strauss did not just yell that..." Owan gaped in disbelief. I was too busy laughing to answer as Cindy shouted back; "ALL THE SHIPS WILL SAIL!"

1st Place: Fairy Tail - 11 points

2nd Place: Sabertooth - 10 points

3rd Place: Lamia Scale - 9 points

4th Place: Crimson Illusion - 7 points

5th Place: Mermaid Heel - 6 points

6th Place: Blue Pegasus - 2 points

7th Place: Quatro Cerberus - 1 point

"We're in fourth place? No way!" Kasai yelled, a broad grin breaking across his features.

"Yes way!" Mikami cheered, "Aren and I totally rocked!"

"You guys work really well together!" I agreed, passing bottles of celebratory juice to everyone.

"Yeah, REALLY well together!" Cindy echoed, smirking evilly.

We were all crowded around Kasai's bed in the infirmary. He was pretty much all healed up, and would be allowed to leave the infirmary in the morning.

"Wonder if they've posted the battle schedule for tomorrow yet?" Gryfin rested his head on his hand.

"I'll go check," Owan offered, standing up, "They put a copy of the schedule just outside this room."

There was a brief silence as the Requip mage retrieved a sheet of paper from just outside the door. I saw his eyes darting from side-to-side as he returned with the schedule.

"Who's up?" Kasai asked eagerly.

"There's three one vs one battles in the morning. Then there's a short break from 11:00a.m.-2:00p.m., and a full team event after the break," Owan replied slowly.

"Does it say who's fighting?" Cindy tried to look at the paper over Owan's shoulder.

"Yeah. Battle one: Milliana from Mermaid Hell vs Bacchus Groh from Quatro Cerberus. Battle two: Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail vs Orga Nanagear from Sabertooth. Battle three: Chelia Blendy from Lamia Scale vs, Hey, Lillie, you're up! Then it goes to the full team event."

"Anyone know what magic this Chelia person has?" I asked no one in particular, taking a gulp of my juice, "Hey, it's orange-mango."