🍃Chapter Fifteen🍃Phoenix Force🍃

Cindy, Owan and I stumbled into the small group of ally wizards. For some reason, the couple hundred remaining monsters and Viper Strike wizards had let us all gather in one, small army.

"What is that thing?!" Yukino stammered from behind me.

"Mavis, what is this thing?!" I asked telepathically.

"I... I don't know..."

From this far away, we could still only see it's outline, and all that looked like was a massive, bulky shadow.

"I'm sensing incredible magical power..." Levy whispered.

"Everyone!" Mavis shouted in our minds, "I don't know what that thing is, but it's magical power is tremendous!"

There was a deafening silence, broken only by the monster's thunderous footsteps.

"Hit it hard, hit it fast! Knock it down before it reaches the city! Give it all you've got! Go!" The Fairy Tactician ordered.

"LET'S GO!" Natsu bellowed, leading the charge.

"Split into three teams!" Lucy yelled from somewhere off to my left, "One team engage from the front, another team from the back, and anyone able to get into the air, do that!"

"Don't get killed!" I muttered to Cindy and Owan, before jumping into the air, much like I had done in the battle against Chelia. I gathered the air around my feet, so I was essentially 'running' on air. Sting and Natsu were both already in the air, them having exceed partners. Two more Fairy Tail wizards had also flown up to join the air-born team.

"Freed, Evergreen," Sting greeted hurriedly. They both nodded hello.

"STAR DRESS: LEO!" I heard Lucy shout. I looked down. The front team had just began their attack, while half of the group charged around to the back of the monster.

"Lillie, focus!" Sting yelled, essentially tackling me out of the way as he and Natsu zoomed around the Monster's head, dodging it's flailing right arm. Now that we were closer, I could make out the creature's horrendous face. It looked like a cross between some sort of serpent, and a giant wolf-like creature. It's beady eyes were bloodshot, and it's pointed fangs were stained yellow.

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" Natsu, being the most confident, had initiated the attack from the air on the Monster. It had started howling- a deafening scream that nearly knocked us all out of the air. Trees below creaked and cracked.

Freed and Evergreen had darted around the back, but I could see multiple explosion-like bursts from where they where located.

"Watch out, left arm incoming!" Sting bellowed. He, Natsu and I dropped down to avoid being swatted away like a fly as the Monster swung his beefy arm at us.

"Storm Phoenix's Tailwind!" I called, darting past the creature's gigantic head. Several destructive slices of wind slammed into it's face.

Glancing down, I saw that the Monster was now under attack from the three sides, front, back, and air, just like Lucy had suggested. Turning my attention back to the Monster, I lunged forward.

"Storm Phoenix's Crushing Spear!"

I planted a strong kick straight on the side of the Monster's overlarge head. It barely moved.

"Fairy Machine Gun; Leprechaun!" Evergreen yelled as she flew past me. Dozens of golden needles shot forward, creating small explosions as they made contact with our opponent.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!"

"White Dragon's Roar!"

Jumping higher, I twisted to see Natsu and Sting's Roars combining, before crashing upon the Monster, who stumbled dangerously.

"It worked!" Evergreen called, now hovering near the Monster's ear.

"Wait-" Freed started. The Monster had straightened up to it's full height, pounding it's giant, clawed fists together, casting a shadow the size of the palace over the ground. Every time the knuckles connected, a spark of pure energy flashed. I didn't need to ask what it was doing.

"IT'S PREPARING FOR AN ATTACK, GET CLEAR!" I screamed. We had barely started to back away, when the Monster slammed it's fists together one, last time. It's whole body was enveloped in magic, then, the magic shot away from the Monster in all directions at blinding speeds. One moment, I was hovering in mid-air, the next, I had crashed roughly back into the ground from the force of the explosion.

"What the hell?!" I grit my teeth, raising myself to my knees. There was a faint ringing in my ears. All of the Guild Wizards had been knocked down too, but most where now clambering shakily to their feet to continue the onslaught. I pulled myself into the air once more, running up to meet Natsu and Sting. They, too, had been slammed backwards, but had remained airborne due to the efforts of their exceed partners.

"We have to finish this. We can't let this thing into the city," I coughed.

"We'll have to give it all we've got for one final burst..." Natsu agreed. His body ignited in flames, which somehow seemed more powerful than before. Sting and I moved to avoid the super-heated fire as Natsu shot past us, heading directly at the Monster.

"Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!"

With an unpleasant jolt of the stomach, I noticed dragon-like scale markings had appeared on the Fire Mage's skin as he attacked the Monster.

"That's his Dragon Force," Sting explained briefly, admiration tinting his voice, "Which doesn't sound like a bad idea, now that I think about it... White Drive!"

He, too, went on the offensive, now surrounded in a White Aura.

"Here I go!" I muttered, gathering up as much magic as I could, "Phoenix Force! Rise!"

Long (Phoenix) feathers blossomed around my upper arms, wrists, and ankles. Feather-like markings also appeared on my cheeks as two spirit-like Phoenix Wings unfurled from my shoulder blades.

"Time to take this thing down!"