🍃Chapter Thirty🍃 OVA 5: Christmas Spirit

Author's Note: I know Christmas has passed already, but just go with it. :3

~:-*-:~

"MEEEERRRRYYY CHRISTMASSS!"

Confetti spiralled into the air, and the lights of a large Christmas tree sparkled cheerfully. The Guild Hall was flooded with a warm, welcoming, yellow-ish glow.

"WHO WANTS GINGERBREAD?!" Mikami screeched. There was a resounding chorus of; 'ME!'

"JUICE!" I yelled happily, offering the beverages around (and only spilling them 2/7 times).

"WHAT ABOUT MILK?!" Cindy barrel-rolled past me, brandishing a half-eaten gingerbread man, "GINGERBREAD MEN GO BETTER WITH MILK!"

"Go get the milk yourself, then..." Owan sighed, climbing onto a table to avoid Cindy as she rolled past like the weird little hurricane of death and fire she was.

"Ahh, I love Christmas...!" Gryfin grinned, allowing himself to sink further into his beanbag.

"Yeah," Kasai agreed, "A day of relaxation and no work for us!"

I threw Santa hats at everyone, snorting, then pulled one onto my own head before charging over to the Christmas tree.

"SANTA WILL NOW BESTOW PRESENTS UPON EACH OF YOU!" I laughed, chugging a glass of pineapple juice at top-speed, "BRAIN FREEZE."

Cindy and Kasai howled with laughter as Mikami ninja-rolled over to crouch beside me, next to the Christmas tree. 

"Here you go...!" She announced, and promptly started throwing the presents at us all.

"Wait, wha-?" Gryfin had turned around too late, and of course, had been hit directly in the face.

"500 POINTS TO MIKAMI!" Mikami screeched, flailing her arms around victoriously, and converting to 3rd person speech.

"You guys are total idiots, you know that right?" Aren sighed, "And Mikami, how the heck did you manage to get drunk on apple juice?"

"Party pooper."

"Heyyyy, Aren!" I smirked, brandishing the Christmas present with his name on it, "I'll give you your present if you smile for once!"

Aren scowled as I waved his present in front of his eyes tantalisingly, "I never smile. You know this."

I shrugged, and let out a mock sigh of defeat.

"Oh well. I guess you won't be getting this, then..."

I placed the present back under the Christmas tree with over exaggerated caution. Aren groaned.

"Fiiiiine. You win, you little-"

He muttered some 'not so nice' words under his breath. Everyone watched him, silently anticipating the results.

"Just so you know, this will never happen again..!" Aren grumbled, rising to his feet. There were several more long moments of silence, then the corners of Aren's mouth twitched, and curved upwards in a forced smile.

Cindy, Mikami and Kasai exploded in noise, Gryfin fell off his chair in shock, and Owan and I hurled handfuls of confetti everywhere, screeching.

"WE HAVE SEEN THE IMPOSSIBLE!" Mikami screamed hysterically.

"Shut up," Aren's cheeks had flushed a deep scarlet colour as his sat back down and sent each of us a death glare for our actions.

"As promised, here ya go!" I grinned, tossing the carefully wrapped present to Aren. He caught it, and hastily retreated to the corner to avoid further social interactions.

"Totally worth it!" I whispered to Cindy. She nodded happily.

"Now to blackmail everyone else!"

"Wait, what?"

Cindy ignored me and turned to Mikami, who was still howling with laughter.

"Heyyyy~ Mikami~"

The purple-haired mage stuffed her fist in her mouth to stifle her laughter, and looked at Cindy expectantly.

Cindy grinned evilly, "I'll give you your present if you kiss Aren~"

Mikami, for once, was speechless, gaping at Cindy like a fish.
From the corner, Aren hissed in displeasure.

I laughed sheepishly, "As much as I would like to see that happen... I think the smile was torture enough for Aren..."

Cindy huffed indignantly, but handed Mikami the brightly wrapped gift all the same.

"Oi! Kasai! Heads up!" Gryfin had darted past me to the tree, and had lobbed the box with Kasai's name on it towards the Lightning mage.

Kasai caught it, grinning.

"I feel like something's missing..." Owan mused, apparently lost in thought. I frowned.

"Really? I can't think of anything we're missing..." I replied, confused.

"CHRISTMAS BON-BONS!" Mikami yelled excitedly.

"That'll be it," Owan grinned.

I grabbed one of the bon-bons and held one end out to Owan, "May the best mage win!"

"You're on!" He said, grabbing the other end.
There was a moment of silence, then a loud bang echoed through the Hall as the bon-bon exploded.

I shrieked and toppled over backwards as confetti erupted all over a shocked Owan.

Sitting up, I stared at him. The Requip mage was covered head-to-toe in rainbow glitter, and had a tiny, plastic whistle sitting in the remains of the bon-bon.

We gaped at each other, then burst out laughing.

"RED CROWN!" Cindy hollered, suddenly diving forward to grab the crimson paper crown from near the whistle.

"FIGHT ME," Yelled Mikami, who was wearing a lilac-coloured crown.

"WHOEVER WINS IS THE TRUE CHRISTMAS CHAMPION!" Gryfin announced, perching on top of a table.

Grinning, I scampered around Owan to watch, "AAAANNDD YOU MAY BEGIN IN... THREE! TWO! ONE!"