🍃Chapter Fourteen🍃The Invasion of Hargeon🍃

"ANY TEAMS AVAILABLE, PLEASE INTERCEPT THE MONSTER ADVANCE IN THE CITY OF HARGEON! GO IMMEDIATELY TO THE TRAIN STATION, AND YOU WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO THE HARBOUR CITY! OUR INTEL SUGGESTS A LEVIATHAN INVASION!" Mavis yelled telepathically in our minds.

"Leviathans?! Are you freaking kidding me?!" I panted, dodging an enemy magic blast, and halting in a back-to-back stance with Owan.

"And in Hargeon, too..." Owan groaned, "They must have come out of the sea..."

All of us were exhausted from the constant fighting, and there was no sign of the monster onslaught ending any time soon. According to Happy, there were still at least five hundred enemy monsters and wizards still to come.

"We'll just have to leave Hargeon to the other teams!" Lucy skidded to a stop beside us, ducking slightly to dodge a mis-aimed lightning bolt from Laxus as he charged a Chimera.

"So we'll just have keep giving this here all we've got," The boy next to Lucy sighed, then narrowed his eyes at an approaching Viper Strike mage, "Regulus Impact!"

"LUCCYYYYYY! I MISSED YOU!" Happy (who had been swinging around on my head) cried, launching himself at the Fairy Tail mage. Lucy sighed and dived back into the fray, Happy zooming after her.

"Damn it!" I hissed, "Hang on. Owan! Cover me! I'm going to try replenishing our magical energy!"

Owan moved closer so he could deflect enemy attacks from the pair of us without much complication. I took a deep breath and held out my hands.

"Storm Phoenix's Azure Melody!"

A light glow emanated from my hands , and a faint glow sparked over Owan and I's heads. I jumped up, ready to fight again.

"Thanks, now duck," Owan ordered. I dropped to the ground. Owan whirled his Scythe around in a wide circle, sending out a jagged wave of shadow as he did.

"Nice one!" I said appreciatively, now it's my turn! Storm Phoenix's Wing Slash!"

The amount of magic flying everywhere was insane, both from allies am enemies. It was almost impossible to move without having to avoid some blast or another.

"Team Firestorm, head to the East exit to the city, we need backup there!" It was Mavis again, and she sounded desperate, even over telepathy.

"Good, we need all the help we can get," Owan muttered, switching out his Scythe for his dual daggers. He swiftly slashed at two enemy wizards, and as the knives struck, shadow magic blossomed around the area of the wound.

"GO. BACK. TO. WHERE. YOU. CAME. FROM!" I shouted, conjuring up several small hurricanes and clearing a path through a group of Chimera. Gray and Juvia jogged through the gap, panting.

"Juvia thinks we are making progress!" The water mage said, expertly kicking a Viper Strike wizard in the nose.

"That's good news!" I tried for a grin, but failed miserably.

"And Team Firestorm should be here any moment, so that'll make things easier..." Gray added. Somewhere in the distance of the fighting near the city entrance, a fire flared up, followed by a boy's voice hollering; "IF ANY OF YOU BASTARDS HAVE HURT LUCE, I WILL KILL YOU!"

Gray groaned, "Great, here comes the King of Moron land."

"You do realise you and Natsu are supposed to be on the same side, right?" Lucy snapped, re-appearing, a red flush creeping across her cheeks at Natsu's war-cry. Gray grumbled something about Natsu being a "hot-headed idiot with no brain whatsoever", but didn't argue.

"Where's Happy?" I asked Lucy, planting a solid round-house kick in an enemy mage's face.

"The moment he heard Natsu, the stupid furball went to find him," Lucy replied. She jumped away from another one of the weird tiger-dragon things and whipped out a gleaming, golden key.

"Open! Gate of the Raging Bull! Taurus!"

I didn't stay to watch, as a Viper Strike wizard had trying to tip poison down my shirt. That could have been painful.

"Storm Phoenix's Crushing Spear!"

The force of my magic-enhanced kick sent the man sprawling.

"Lillie!"

I jumped, and turned to see a familiar face dodging around wizards and monsters. With a gasp, Cindy burst through a pair of enemy wizards, face covered in dust and smoke.

"Cindy! You're okay!" I said, relieved. The fire mage noticed Owan behind me.

"Owan? Oh, good! Now it's only Gryfin and Kasai I haven't seen!"  she said.

I grabbed her wrist, "Wait, have you seen Aren and Mikami? Where are they? Are they okay?"

"Aren and Mikami are in a group together, and they're in Team Moon! I saw them on the way over here, they looked battered from fighting, but essentially okay..." Cindy reported. I sighed in relief.

"What's the situation in other parts of the city?" Owan asked urgently, blasting a Chimera with shadow magic as he talked.

"Not that great..." Cindy said darkly, "There's still fighting everywhere, and some idiots destroyed that awesome park-"

"That was my team," I grumbled, "And there were Giant Wyverns and enemy wizards. We did what we had to do."

"Oh," Cindy smiled guiltily, before spinning and slamming her hands into the ground. A group of enemy wizards, who had obviously been trying to sneak up on us, screamed as a wall of dark fire washed over them.

"Anyway, my guess is that either Gryfin or Kasai or both went with their teams to intercept the Leviathans!" Cindy finished. Owan and I exchanged worried glances.

"Team Hailstorm, be ready to change locations on my mark, the East army is nearly finished," Mavis spoke in my mind again.

"Looks like my team is being called to fight somewhere else," I said grimly, "Good luck-"

My words were cut off as the ground rumbled.

"What-?" Cindy murmured. I chanced a quick look over the heads of the armies. Something huge was approaching. Every time it's foot connected with the ground, the ground shook and cracked.

"ALL TEAMS AT THE EAST EXIT, FALL BACK INTO ONE GROUP, NOW!" Mavis telepathically yelled.

"What... What the hell is that thing?!" Owan demanded as we shoved through the seething mass of monsters and wizards on our way to the East Exit.

"Something that will probably try to kill us without our consent," I said.