🍃Chapter Nineteen🍃The Celebration Party🍃

It took weeks to completely rebuild the town, let alone the palace. But when we had finished, it looked almost good as new.

"Special announcement for all guilds!"

We were all crowded around the the Main Entrance to the city, as the all the Guilds and their wizards were still sleeping in the Guild tents outside the actual city. I squeezed through the bustling wizards so I could actually see.

A young man, dressed in royal messenger clothing, was waiting patiently for everyone to shut up. Needless to say, he had to wait five whole minutes, as us wizards didn't like the prospect of being quiet for once.

"The following guilds are hereby invited to a special celebratory party being organised by the King himself; Fairy Tail, Sabertooth, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Mermaid Heel, Quatro Cerberus, and Crimson Illusion. The party starts at precisely ten p.m. tonight, in the palace. His majesty hopes you will all come, as this celebration is to commemorate all the help you've given us in the past month. Thank you."

The messenger jogged away, back into the city, and the guild wizards all broke up into smaller groups, chatting excitedly. I made my way back the the Crimson Illusion tent, where the rest of my guild was huddled.

"A party, huh?" Gryfin mused, leaning back against the tent.

"Sounds like fun!" Cindy cheered.

- Later, (10:00p.m.) at the palace-

I stared around the massive room in amazement. Bright lights lit the interior, and several tables of sandwiches were positioned along the wall. Fairy Tail, Mermaid Heel, and Blue Pegasus were already there.

As we walked past, Ichiya from Blue Pegasus tried to convince us that "PARFUM IS THE BEST!". Let's just say that we ran to the opposite of the room as fast as our legs could carry us.

"He's kinda creepy..." I admitted.

"I don't even want to know what he's doing..." Owan eyed the Blue Pegasus wizard, who now seemed to be trying (and failing miserably) to dance. On top of a table. While screaming about parfum. Oh, it must be Tuesday.

"Gotta go talk to Mirajane about shippings, bye, see you lot later!" Cindy smirked, running off to join the Fairy Tail matchmaker.

"That can only lead to trouble..." Kasai sighed.

"Care to share a drink?~" The Blue Pegasus guys were trying to flirt with the Mermaid Heel girls, who were obviously unimpressed.

"NO, THE BOOZE IS MINE! BACK OFF, WEIRDO!" Cana screeched from the other side of the room, where she was surrounded by barrels of the stuff.

"FIGHT ME."

"FOOD!" Mikami cheered suddenly. She looked around at us, winked, at bounded off to raid the sandwich tables.

"Don't eat too much, you'll get a stomach ache!" Aren called after her retreating back. She waved an airy hand.

"Oh, so you actually DO care about her?" Gryfin chuckled, elbowing Aren.

"Say that again, and I'll blast you all the way back to Hargeon, earth face," Aren snapped, cheeks flooding with colour. Kasai and I exchanged knowing glances. At that moment, the doors banged open again to reveal a furious looking Natsu.

"Here's a thought, grab the popcorn..." I whispered, watching the fire mage storm over to where Gray stood. They immediately broke into an argument.

"Why is the party already in full swing by the time we get here?" came a disgruntled voice from the open doorway. Sabertooth had arrived, and the wizards were now beginning to mingle with friends from other guilds. Yukino had gone off to chat with Lucy, Sting had run forward to 'referee' the Natsu VS Gray fight, and the rest of their guild just kind of wandered around randomly.

"I'm actually craving sandwiches. Be right back," Aren muttered.

"Ooh, wanna get closer to Mikami?" Gryfin teased. Aren smacked the Earth wizard in the head, scowling, as Owan claimed that he, too, needed a sandwich.

"Why'd he hit me?" Gryfin moaned, "I only asked a simple question!"

I smiled and turned back towards the door, hearing footsteps. This time, it was the Lamia Scale guild.

"Chelia~san!" I called, running over to the pink-haired girl as she skipped in with her guild-mates.

"Hi, Lil'!" she grinned broadly, almost tackling me in a hug. I laughed.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay!" She responded, "You?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, too!"

We gazed around the room for a moment, from the Fairy Tail wizards' fight, to Ichiya's weird dancing.

"Ooh! I want to you to come meet Wendy!" Chelia suggested, grabbing my hand and beginning to drag me across the room.

"Okay!" I twisted around to look at Gryfin and Kasai, "SEE YOU GUYS LATER!"

They both made weird spluttering noises as Chelia led me away to where a young, bluenette was crouched, talking with a white-furred cat. From what I could see, this cat was like Happy. An exceed, I think they were called?

"WENDY!" Chelia called. The girl looked up, beaming, then ran to greet us.

"Chelia! It's been ages!" She said breathlessly, quickly hugging the Lamia Scale mage, "How are things between you and Lyon~san?"

"WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT?!" Chelia flustered, colour rising to her cheeks as she flapped her arms around wildly.

"Hi, I'm Lillie Myst!" I laughed, holding out my hand for Wendy to shake as Chelia freaked out some more.

"I'm Wendy Marvell! It's nice to meet you!" The girl smiled.

"Does Chelia~san really like Lyon?" I asked incredulously. Wendy grinned and nodded. Chelia let out a sound half way between a shriek and a gasp. Wendy and I turned to look at her. The pink-haired girl had a nosebleed.

"CHELIA~SAN?! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Wendy and I squawked in unison. Chelia grinned sheepishly and pointed over our shoulders. I spun on my heel. Lyon had joined the fight between Natsu and Gray. And he was also shirtless.

"What the hell," I said as Chelia fangirlled behind me.