🍃Chapter Sixteen🍃Judgement of a Phoenix🍃

"Natsu, Sting, get back!" I ordered, running across the condensed air towards them, and, the Monster. They both gave me weird looks, but obeyed all the same. I held out my open palm in front of me.

"Storm Phoenix's Cloud Cover!" I yelled. Thick clouds bloomed before us, completely obscuring the Monster's eyesight.

"Now! As long as we still have magic, we have a fighting chance. Give it hell!" I shouted.

All three of us darted in different directions to begin our attack. Natsu attacked the Monster straight on, smashing his fire-covered fists repetitively into the middle of the Monster's Face, taking advantage of the Cloud Cover.

Sting had flown above, and was raining attack after attack down on the top of the Monster's head.

I ran around the back, oblivious to any other sounds. I knew wizards were still fighting below me, trying to bring the beast to its knees, but I didn't have time to look down.

"Storm Phoenix's Screech!"

The Monster's head jerked forward as the force of the attack hit it.

"I'm. Not. DONE!" I hissed, lunging to the side to avoid a huge, flailing arm.

"Storm Phoenix's Ripping Talons!"

It must have hurt, as the monster started thrashing its gigantic head from side to side wildly.

"Phoenix Slayer's Secret Art; Zephyr Explosion!"

Wind encircled the creature, but it's sheer mass of the thing was too great to be lifted into the air. This, however, just made the following explosion more powerful. The Monster stumbled, and fell down onto one knee, bellowing in anger.

"Keep it up, it's slowing down!" Evergreen panted, zooming past me.

"Holy Ray!" Sting hollered from above. I dodged under the Monster's ear as a stray beam of light shot past me. I dropped down onto the Monster's shoulder and turned to face the side of it's ugly head.

"Storm Phoenix's Wing Slash!" I jumped forward, slashing the Monster's neck and ears with magic. It made a weird grunting-gurgling noise.

"Fire Dragon's Roasting Bath!"

An explosion of heat hit me, even though Natsu's actual flames did not.

I jumped around to join the Fire Dragon Slayer.

"It's all or nothing, now. One last attack. Hit it with all the magic power you've got left! Let's make this thing regret ever coming to destroy our home!" Sting said grimly, flying down to hover beside us.

"Right!"

"Happy, let's go!" Natsu roared. The pair spiraled towards the Monster's face.

"DRAGON SLAYER'S SECRET ART; CRIMSON LOTUS, EXPLODING FLAME BLADE!"

A torrent of flames engulfed the Monster, which sent the thing crashing down to it's knees, bellowing like a wounded rhinoceros. I had a fleeting stab of uncertainty, hoping that all of the Guild wizards had managed to back off so they didn't get squashed.

"DRAGON SLAYER'S SECRET ART; HOLY NOVA!" Sting barged forward, and slammed his fist down into the top of the Monster's head. The following explosion was blinding. I raised my hand to shield my eyes as the Monster screamed from somewhere in the midst of the explosion.

"YOU'RE FINISHED," I yelled, back-flipping down so I was eye-level with the Monster, which was struggling to stay on it's hands and knees.

"You should never have tried to attack us," I stared directly into it's eyes, "PHOENIX SLAYER'S SECRET ART; RISING STORM, JUDGEMENT."

Three, large hurricanes spun into existence, converging onto the Monster while I slashed at it with even more waves of crushing magic. Crackling lightning and rain struck down as a ball of magic condensed underneath the Monster's ginormous stomach. It gave me a look of pure hatred before the sphere of magic exploded. The Monster's whole figure was encased in the blast.

I dropped back down to the ground, feeling myself slip out of my Phoenix Force. Natsu and Sting had already landed. They, too, had returned to their normal selves.

"Can't believe we... I can't believe that actually worked..." Sting panted. A low groan echoed from the midst of the fading explosion.

"No way..." I breathed. The Monster, though shaking violently, was attempting to raise itself to it's knees.

"FAIRY GLITTER!"

Yet another bright explosion slammed into the Monster, and this time, I knew it was over. The Monster collapsed. The ground around it's gigantic body cracked, and a gust of wind rippled over the crowded battle field.

"Cana, what the hell?!" Natsu gaped. A brown-haired mage flipped her hair dramatically.

"I saved your butts! You owe me, Natsu!" she smirked. Natsu spluttered indignantly as she pranced away to talk with Bacchus. All the mages started to sit down, or wandered over to see if their friends were okay. Sting hurried off towards Yukino, who was perched on top of a up-rooted tree. Natsu limped over to Lucy, Gray, and Juvia with a grunt. 

"Marco..." I whispered telepathically.

"POLO!" Yelled Cindy's tired voice. Several wizards looked around in confusion. Grinning to myself, I trudged in her general direction, finally locating her and Owan in the shelter of a pile of rocks.

"What you pulled up there was dangerous, you could've been killed," Owan told me, "And Cindy, I'm ninety-percent sure almost getting stepped on wasn't the plan back there."

"Bright little ray of sunshine, aren't you?" I teased as Cindy poked her tongue out. I rested my head on my hands.

"Damn, I wish I knew what's happening to Kasai, Gryfin, Aren and Mikami right now..." I muttered.

"I'm sure they're fine..." she said quietly, "I mean, as long as Mikami's with Aren, they'll be fine, and Kasai and Gryfin are both strong, too."

"I dunno..." Owan mused, "Gryfin can be pretty impulsive sometimes..."

"I want to know how the situation in Hargeon is..." I murmured.

"All East Exit teams, head back into the city. Make your way to the Main Entrance, and take out any remaining enemies along the way," Mavis instructed in our heads.

"I think the other teams have got Hargeon under control," I winced as I stood, "If the Leviathans were too much of a threat, Mavis would have ordered us to help fight there instead of heading to the Main Entrance."