🍃Chapter Twenty-Four🍃Saying Goodbye🍃

A/N: CRAP I FORGOT TO UPDATE!! I'M SO, SO SORRY! I've just been busy...............playing Elsword nonstop.... *nervous giggling*

-

"Is everything okay? I mean... All that chaos with Viper Strike?" Chelia murmured.

"Don't worry!" I reassured her, "We're all fine!"

Chelia shuffled her feet awkwardly, then looked up, a hopeful expression lighting her face.

"You'll be competing again in the Games next year, right?" She asked anxiously.

I looked around briefly at my grinning quildmates before turning back to
Chelia.

"There's a good chance!" I replied, chuckling.

"Then I'll see you at next year'a games?" She smiled.

"Probably!" I nodded.

Chelia pouted, "'Probably'?" She asked, giving me her puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, you win! Definitely!" I laughed. The pink-haired mage gave me a quick hug, then bounded onto the train to join her guild-mates. I winced slightly in the aftermath of her hug. My side wound, although mostly healed, still hurt from time to time.

Fairy Tail, Sabertooth, Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus and Quatro Cerberus had all departed this morning. It had been kind of sad, watching them all leave. In the past couple of months, we had created so many new bonds with the other guilds. We had fought against them, fought along side them, and generally had fun with them. I didn't think I was ready to let all that go so suddenly.

"Our train's here."

I snapped out of my nostalgia, and eyed the train grumpily.

"Ready to go home, guys?" Mikami asked quietly.

Kasai took ahold of the train's door handle, "Yep, definitely!"

Cindy bounded onto the train, followed by Mikami, Gryfin, Owan and Aren. I lingered on the platform under the pretence of checking if I had packed my jacket. I turned to cast one, last look over the city that we had destroyed, then rebuilt, then partially destroyed all over again. The Gardens had been closed to the public ever since that little escapade with Viper Strike.

"We'll be back, don't you worry about that," Kasai laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah..." I murmured, wrenching my gaze away from the city. I marched onto the train, Kasai right behind me. The others had already claimed a little 'booth' to sit in. I squeezed past Cindy and dropped down into the window seat, bracing myself for the motion-sickness I knew would come.

"What're you all planning on doing once we arrive back at the guild hall?" Owan leaned back in his chair, grinning slightly.

"Sleeping!" Gryfin yawned.

"Prank planning!" Mikami replied with an evil grin spreading across her face.

"I'll probably check the Job Board, see if any new jobs have come in," Kasai mused.

"Monthly paperwork," I groaned, already dreading sitting still for hours, filling out pointless sheets of paper, half of which I never bothered reading through anyway.

"Don't worry, Lil'! I'll help with the paperwork!" Cindy reassured me.

"I could kiss you," I said blankly.

"You can kiss Kasai instead of me..." Cindy smirked.

"Scratch that. I could kill you," I corrected myself. My friends laughed.

At that moment, the train lurched to life, rumbling away from the Crocus station. Immediately, I doubled over, both hands wrapped around my torso, causing my friends to laugh harder.

"I hate trains... Why are they a thing that exists?" I complained loudly. Cindy awkwardly patted my back as I tried my best not to redecorate the train's floor with my lunch.

"Here," Aren's voice sighed. I heard a slight rustling as he rose to his feet, "Troia!"

There was a green glow from somewhere over my head, then bliss. I sat up in surprise.

"My stomach doesn't hurt anymore!" I exclaimed, shocked.

"Really?! That's awesome!" Mikami grinned.

"You look like the meaning of the universe has just been revealed to you..." Aren raised an eyebrow at me.

"Where did you learn that spell?" I demanded at Aren as he occupied his seat once more. He shrugged.

"That Wendy girl in Fairy Tail taught it to me the other day. I thought it might come in handy once in a while."

"Well, thanks!" I sighed appreciatively, "Now I can actually enjoy the view instead of trying not to throw up on it!"

"Too much info there, Lillie~chan!" Mikami groaned, "And I was just about to have some snacks, too!"

"Sorry!" I laughed as the Doll Control mage began handing around sandwiches. I got a chicken, cheese and lettuce one. Mikami may be a doofus, but she's an excellent cook.

We sat in silence for a while as we ate. I mostly stared out the window, finally being able to actually appreciate the view after so long. Cindy was humming quietly to herself, Kasai had pulled out a book to read, and Gryfin had drifted off to sleep. Owan was also fixated on the view outside the window, and Aren was drawing who knows what in his drawing pad again.

"Two hours, and all the insane crap that's happened in the last month will be over..." I mumbled, "Two hours, and we'll be home at last..."

A relieved sort of grin tugged at the corners of my lips, "And about damn time, too."