🍃Chapter Four🍃The Grand Magic Games🍃

Noise flooded the stadium as the commentators took their seats. Confetti was flying everywhere, it was a miracle anyone could see. I peered out onto the actual arena itself. A smooth battlefield. No obstacles to obstruct one's path. That was both good and bad.

"NOW PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE PARTICIPATING GUILDS!"

The crowd somehow started to scream and cheer louder.

"They're all going to go deaf. I bet you a muffin," Aren deadpanned.

"You talked," Cindy noted, "Nice to know you have a vocal box or whatever the hell it's called."

"Very funny, now shut up before I throw you off a cliff."

We make such a great team.

"Be quiet, guys!" Gryfin hissed, bouncing from foot to foot in anticipation. Up in the all-powerful box, the commentator raised the magical megaphone once more.

"PLEASE WELCOME... FAIRY TAIL! NATSU DRAGNEEL, LUCY HEARTFILIA, ERZA SCARLET, GRAY FULLBUSTER, MIRAJANE STRAUSS, GAJEEL REDFOX AND JUVIA LOCKSER!"

"Wow..." I breathed, staring in awe as the Fairy Tail team emerged from the opposite side of the stadium, laughing and smiling. Most of the crowd were on their feet, waving, cheering, and even crying.

"SABERTOOTH! ROGUE CHENEY, YUKINO AGRIA, ORGA NANAGEAR, MINERVA ORLAND, RUFUS LORE, SERENA ROSE, (From my other book; 'The Star Dragon Slayer', just to fill the team up), AND RITA ONODASHI (Random person I made up on the spot to fill up the team)!

The Sabertooth team appeared. They looked more serious that the Fairy Tail team, but they still smiled around at the spectators. The volume of cheering stayed steady.

"LAMIA SCALE! LYON VASTIA, JURA NEEKIS, CHELIA BLENDY (I know she lost her magic in the manga, but pretend she still has it, okay?), YUKA SUZUKI, SHERRY BLENDY, TOBY HORTHORTA, ROXIE KIRA (A\N: Yeah... I'm just going to be making up some random people to fill in gaps if the guild in question doesn't have enough members...)

The crowd seemed to relax a bit, but the noise was still deafening. Owan stuffed his fingers in his ears.

"MERMAID HEEL! KAGURA MIKAZUCHI, MILLIANA, RISLEY LAW, ARANA WEBB, BETH VANDERWOOD, SASHA DEVANA (Random person) AND MITSUKI WAVE (Again, another OC from 'The Star Dragon Slayer').

"Why do I hear mostly BOYS cheering for Mermaid Heel?!" Mikami snorted in disgust.

"BLUE PEGASUS! ICHIYA VANDALAY KOTOBUKI, HIBIKI LATES, EVE TEARM, REN AKATSUKI, NICHIYA, JENNY REALIGHT, AND MARCUS TRINNA (annotheeeeerrr random)!"

This time, there was a definite decrease in cheering volume. Apparently, Blue Pegasus wasn't as popular as the other guilds.

"QUATRO CEBERUS! BACCHUS GROH, GOLDMINE, ROCKER, WARCRY, JAGER, NOBARLY AND SEMMES!"

There was a smattering of polite applause as the Quatro Cerberus team charged into the arena, hollering and screaming. Bacchus fell over when they made it to the centre, obviously too drunk to care.

"AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, A GUILD NEVER BEFORE SEEN OF THIS COMPETITION!"

"Could he just introduce us like a normal human being?" Kasai whispered. I snorted with laughter.

"CRIMSON ILLUSION! LILLIE MYST, CINDY MENDEZ, KASAI AURIS, MIKAMI OTANO, GRYFIN KANAME, OWAN TANAKA, AND AREN ASHE!"

"Let's go!" I cheered, leading the way out onto the arena. There was a silence, then, gradually, a medium level of cheering erupted around us. The other guilds all smiled and greeted us (except for Bacchus, who was still too drunk).

"NOW THAT ALL OUR COMPETITORS HAVE CONGREGATED IN THE ARENA, WE SHALL COMMENCE WITH OUR FIRST EVENT! THE RULES ARE SIMPLE; TWO MAGES FROM EACH TEAM WILL WORK TOGETHER TO STEAL THE OTHER'S SASHES, WHILE IN A MAZE!"

A guy with a pumpkin head bounded into the arena, resulting in another couple minutes of cheering. He was brandishing seven sashes, all of which were a horrible, fluorescent pink colour.

"You will have to try and keep this sash safe from the other teams, Kabo!" The pumpkin-man quickly explained, distributing the sashes around the different guilds, "And mages won't be your only enemies within the maze!"

I noticed the other guilds exchanging slightly uneasy looks.

"You have five minutes to nominate your first competitors, Kabo!"

With that, Pumpkin Face dashed away again.

"Who should we choose?" Owan muttered, glancing quickly at the other teams. I looked up at Cindy, who nodded, smiling nervously.

"Me and Cindy," I declared. No one raised any objections.

Mikami handed me the pink sash, which I tied around my waist.

"ALL THOSE WHO ARE NOT COMPETING IN THE FIRST EVENT, PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR DESIGNATED BALCONIES."

"Good luck, you guys!" Mikami whispered.

"Yeah!" Gryfin agreed.

"Give it your best shot!" Kasai encouraged us. Owan and Aren both nodded enthusiastically.

Once only the competitors were left in the arena, the commentator spoke up once more.

"THE TEAMS FOR THE FIRST EVENT ARE AS FOLLOWS;

FROM FAIRY TAIL, NATSU DRAGNEEL AND LUCY HEARTFILIA!

FROM SABERTOOTH, RUFUS LORE AND SERENA ROSE!

FROM LAMIA SCALE, CHELIA BLENDY AND SHERRY BLENDY!

FROM MERMAID HEEL, MILLIANA AND ARANA WEBB!

FROM BLUE PEGASUS, HIBIKI LATES AND MARCUS TRINNA!

FROM QUATRO CERBERUS, JÄGER AND NOBARLY!

AND FROM CRIMSON ILLUSION, LILLIE MYST AND CINDY MENDEZ!"

The crowd roared with excitement, eager for the event to begin.

"THREE!"

The teams all spread out. I dragged Cindy over to a secluded corner.

"TWO!"

The ground began to shake.

"ONE!"

The ground cracked open, walls, trees and other obstacles rising to create a winding maze.

"We're screwed," Cindy said calmly.

"BEGIN!"