hannah's party invite

liked by hannahbaker837, bryce

liked by hannahbaker837, bryce.walker, j_foley and 102 more.

naomi.a.kahele weekend plans?

hannahbaker837 to get you out of the house!

j_foley party at my buds place? hmu😉

The only bad thing about my first day at Liberty High was that it started on a Wednesday. I begged my mom to just miss the week and start on a Monday but of course she objected. My first 3 days at Liberty High flew by and still my only friend was Hannah Baker. We sat at lunch together every day, just learning about each other. She was one of the most simple yet intriguing people I've ever met. I had a feeling we would be great friends.

"Naomi," my mom knocked on my door even though it was wide open as I was sprawled across my bed, going through my old pictures from Hawaii.

"Yeah?" I rolled over, looking up at her, pushing the hair from my face.

"Do you have any plans this weekend?" She asked coming in and sitting in my roller chair, sliding over the my bed side.

My mom was still dressed in her pajamas, her hair tied back in a bun. She crossed her legs in the chair, folding her hands in her lap. I hoped all the time that when I grew up I would look just like her, and I can say that I do. We both have the same long hair, and the same tan skin. We also have the same eyes and smile. I look nothing like my dad.

"Um, probably not. I was supposed to hang out with this girl named Hannah, but I'm not sure yet."

"You have a friend?!" My mom clapped her hands excitedly causing me to cover my face, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it's not a big deal to have friends, mom." I sighed and sat up, laughing. We stated at each other for a few moments before I said anything, "Have you been in your PJs all day?"

"Yes. Yes I have. And yes, Naomi, it is totally normal for a grown woman to wear her pajamas all day on a Saturday. Get up and get ready." She smacked my leg, causing me to gasp and playfully kick her away, both of us laughing.

"Get ready for what?" I sat up, looking at her confused.

"You're going to hang out with Hannah." She hit my leg again, "Get up."

"Ow! Mom, I really don't-"

"Up!"

She left my room, leaving me alone. Sometimes my mom just had a way of being convincing. I got up and shuffled through my closet. I had trouble considering my closet was still full of boxes and I hadn't really made any effort to unpack.

hannah
still down to hang out? my friend knows someone throwing a party, it'll be fun!

naomi
I'm getting dressed now! meet me at my house?

Hannah replied with a thumbs up emoji and I sent her my address. I tied my hair into a ponytail and put on a gray dress with a light pink jacket over it. I slid on my shoes and went downstairs to wait.

It didn't take long for Hannah's parents to drop her off at my house. She met my parents and it was time to head off to the party. I drove while she gave me directions.

"I'm nervous, Hannah." I bit my lip, glancing over at her as we drove up the hill.

"I was too, but trust me, Jess is nice and so am I. Plus, you're bound to find a cute boy here." Hannah pointed a place for me to park and soon enough we were headed up the front steps of the huge house.

"Who's house is this again?" We stood at the front door, me being too scared and nervous to go in.

"Bryce Walker. He's a jock, I've never really talked to him, but I guess he's okay. If Jess can stand him, how bad can he be?" Hannah smiled and took my hand, dragging me into the house. People immediately began to talk to Hannah, saying they were happy she showed up.

I kind of stood behind her, somehow ending up in the kitchen away from Hannah. Somehow I had managed to lose her which didn't make any sense. I was at a party all alone.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" I turned my head, looking up at the tall boy who I had seen in the cafeteria on my first day. The boy who I had caught staring at me.

"I- uh," I released a sharp breath, laughing at myself, "I don't really drink."

"No, no that's totally cool." He leaned against the counter, looking down at me. He towered over me. It was like I didn't even realize how small I was until I was standing next to him. "But it is a party. Your first party in Crestmont and I think you should have at least one."

I thought about it for a moment while he dwelled on my next words, "Okay. You've convinced me."

He gave me a smile before making him and myself a drink. Just as he was about to hand me the drink I pulled my hand away, "My mom said not to take drinks from strangers at parties." I narrowed my eyes playfully.

"I'm Zach Dempsey. And I believe you're Naomi Kahele, the new girl. Now we aren't strangers." Zach flashed me his charming smile again before I accepted the drink.

"How did you know?" I asked once he came back around to my side of the counter. He leaned down so he could hear me.

"Please, everyone knows! It's not everyday we get a transfer from Hawaii. Besides, Bryce and Justin won't shut up about you." He laughed, still having to lean down. He turned his head towards me, talking in my ear so I could hear him over the music.

I hesitantly took a drink from the cup, my face scrunching up at the burning that the liquid caused sliding down my throat. I coughed, covering my mouth as Zach laughed.

"Come on, island girl. Let me introduce you to some people." Zach's hand wrapped around mine and he began to lead me from the kitchen, butterflies filling my stomach.

finally naomi and zach meet. I think in the next chapter I'm gonna do present tense , but I also feel like building everything up more until I jump into the tapes... What do you guys think?

also I'd love to hear your feedback on everything, so comment and vote!!

all the love