downhill

liked by zdempsey98, tonypadillia, karsenkahele, and 320 more

naomikahele   reality will break your heart

zdempsey98   you're so beautiful

I couldn't help but watch Clay closely. I thought I took a long time with the tapes, but he was taking even longer. I felt bad that I was the one that mailed them, but I couldn't not fulfill Hannah's wishes. 

"Babe, you've gotta stop staring." Zach poked my side, and I huffed looking down at my untouched food. "Are you still not eating?" 

I shook my head and pushed it towards him, "Do you want it?"

"I want you to eat, Naomi."

"I will." 

I was still struggling with all the information I had recieved going through the tapes. What I was struggling with most was Bryce's tape. I understand why the group wanted to avoid giving the tapes to Bryce for a very clear reason but a part of me wanted to take the tapes and shove them up his ass. Hannah made it clear that Jessica and herself were victims of his. If only she was alive now, she could see that I was a victim too. I still didn't know where to begin a healing process of this. Jessica ignored it every time I brought it up and even said that she was lying. But was she lying? Maybe if I could tell Jessica what happened, she would admit that Hannah was telling the truth. 

At the end of the day, I was stopped by Tony. It was odd because Tony and I only ever spoke in the library when we both got caught up studying. The same with Clay Jensen. 

"Hey, Naomi, how are you?" he walked next to me as I was walking to my car to meet Zach. 

"I'm doing okay, Tony, how have you been?" I gave him a small smile and he stopped, looking at me. I stopped too, to be face to face with him. 

"I'm doing good. I just wanted to know if you've found closure."

"Closure?"

"About Jeff." My heart skipped a beat as I looked at him, "I know you two were friends. I just wanted to know that you're not mad at him anymore."

"I- I was mad at him for being drunk but-"

I couldnt find words. Was he talking about the tapes? Did he know about the tapes? Did he know what Sherri did that night? Tony wasn't on the tapes but, how could he possibly know anything about this.

"He wasn't drunk. You know that." Tony's voice was always so soft. It was like he was never mad. Even in situations that my blood would have been boiling. 

"I know that now..." I lowered my voice, "Is this about the tapes? Do you know about them?" 

"I'm the one that sent them to Justin Foley in the first place Naomi. But now that I know that you've finished them and sent them on to Clay, I have a special message from Hannah."