zach's breakdown

liked by j

liked by j.foley, alexxxxstandall, jessssdavis and 328 more.

zdempsey98    just a reminder that she deserves the world

j.foley    me too

jessssdavis    cute

It had been three days since the party and I had been trying to convince myself everything was a dream. Trying to think of what I did wrong, anything I could have done different from preventing it from happening. What did I do for Bryce to do that? Zach hadn't left my side ever since that night. He would stay upstairs while I went down for dinner, sit on my roof until my mom was asleep and then I would bring him up what I was supposed to eat. I couldn't bring myself to eat. Everything I did felt wrong. Zach knew what had happened and I didn't even have to tell him.

That night we sat in the shower until the water ran cold and he helped me dry off and helped me into one of his shirts. He had Justin bring him some dry clothes and Justin of course asked questions but Zach just sent him off. I didn't want anyone knowing what had happened. I was embarrassed that I was weak enough to let this happen.

Zach woke me up, even though I was already awake and told me it was time to get ready to go to school. I sat up, and tied my hair into a bun. Zach sat up behind me and put his arms around me, causing me to flinch. He pulled away almost immediately, looking down.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry.... We don't have to go to school today if you don't want." He said. He sat up and went over to his duffle bag that had been hidden in my closet and grabbed his clothes for the day.

"No, I need to go. I can't hide away forever." I stood up and walked to my dresser pulling out a pair of sweatpants.

"Babe, I understand if you don't want to. If you don't want to face... him. We don't have to. We can stay home and watch movies all day." Zach said behind me, as he gathered his school things. He had basically moved in within the past 3 days. I think he was scared to leave me alone. Scared of what I might do to myself.

"Zach." I snapped and realized I had raised my voice before I lowered it again, "I have to go. I'll be okay."

"We don't have any classes together, and I don't want to leave you alone." He lead me downstairs after I had fully dressed in a hoodie and sweatpants and a pair of Nikes.

"I'll be okay. If anything happens, I'll call you and we'll go home." I gave his hand a squeeze and then began to make him breakfast.

"You're not gonna eat, are you?" He asked and I shook my head no. "You need to eat Naomi. Please."

"I can't. I just can't." I shrugged and slid him the bowl of cereal and the plate of toast.

Zach didn't feel like arguing with me, probably because he didn't want to make me upset but I appreciated it. He just wanted to be there for me in one of the worst times of my life. I wouldn't have been able to survive any of it if I didn't have him. Zach didn't want to do anything but protect me and I could tell he felt like he let me down. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I had a flashback of me screaming his name as Bryce pinned me down. I crossed my arms as my eyes got watery, trying to act like I didn't remember it.