away pt 2

liked by bryce

liked by bryce.walker, jfoley, naomikahele and 483 more.

zdempsey98 i may or may not have made her take this picture

naomikahele you definitely made me take this picture

jfoley bring nak home we miss her

Zach and I didn't plan on doing much this weekend except spend our days down on the lake. Of course with the exception of going to the local town ice cream stands.

"You know, I'm still shocked your mom let us down here alone." I laughed as we walked down the street. I was stopping at almost every little store and dragging Zach in.

"I'm still shocked you manage to find something interesting in every one of these stores." He laughed and tugged on my arm. "We came into town for ice cream." He poked his bottom lip out.

"I know I know, these stores are just so cute." I squeezed his hand and kissed his knuckles before turning around and going through the racks of clothes.

I finally complied and Zach and I went down the street to the little ice cream stand we came to every time we were here with his family. It was always the same little old man behind the stand handing out the best ice cream cones in probably the whole country. Zach and I always left him an amazing tip just because he was the sweetest man in town.

"Zachary, you're a little overdue for a visit aren't you?" The man laughed and patted Zach on the shoulder. Zach's been coming to this ice cream stand ever since he was little and it's always been the same man running it.

"How've you been, Mike?" Zach gave him a pat on the back, a smile on his face.

"I see you've got Naomi with you. Where's the rest of the bunch?" He reached for my hand and I gladly took it, smiling as he squeezed my hand.

"We left them at home this time, mom thought it'd be a good idea for us to have a weekend to ourselves." He answered and put his arm around me.

"Oh well that's good, I hope you guys enjoy your weekend. What can I get you today?"

"Same old same old, Nao, what are you getting?"

"Cookies and cream." I said.

I never really got any other flavor from here than cookies and cream and Zach always got chocolate with little chocolate chips in it. We always got it on a cone instead of a bowl because the waffle cones were to die for. It was always our favorite part about coming to the lake. Seeing Will and his amazing ice cream.

We talked to Mike while we ate our ice cream and didn't leave until we were done. He was always the busiest ice cream man in this little town. When we left we looked in a few more shops and then decided it was time to head back to the lake house.

"What do you feel like doing?" Zach asked pulling me in between his legs on the couch.

"Just being here with you." I leaned into his chest.

"I don't think I could ever get tired of this." Zach wrapped his arms around my waist and I looked down at his hands to see him holding a small black box. He opened it and inside was a small ring with the cutest little diamond on it. "So while you were focused on all the clothes and tapestries.. I picked this up."

"Zach-"

"No no, let me finish," he took a deep breath and I turned around to face him, "I love you Naomi. More than I thought I could ever love anyone. You showed me that I could be loved. I don't know where I'd be without you. Everything that's going on right now; I couldn't make it without you. You're so incredibly strong and I admire that. You're my rock. My everything. So I kind of got a promise ring.

"Because if you accept this; I promise that I will never hurt you. I will always be there for you. I will defend you no matter what happens. I love you so incredibly much. I promise one day, it'll be an engagement ring."

I felt tears streaming down my face but he was quick to wipe them away, "What did I do to deserve you?"

"Do you accept?"

"I accept." He slowly slid the ring onto my hand and I couldn't help but cup his cheeks and kiss him.

I knew that I was safe with Zach and that nothing or anyone would ever hurt me again. Zach made me a stronger person. Without him, I don't know where I would be. He's the one person I can always count on no matter what.

He regretted that he wasn't there to help me the night of the party, but I knew he was starting to realize it wasn't his fault. Just as much as I was starting to realize that what happened wasn't mine either.

His arms slowly slid around my waist and we just sat there. Kissing. For what felt like an eternity. Finally, I took a deep breath and stood up holding out my hand.

"What's up?" He asked quietly.

I didn't say anything I just nodded my head towards the stairs and he stood up. He took my hand and I lead us up the stairs to the master bedroom.

He stopped and looked down at me and I stepped towards him lacing our fingers together. I took another deep breath and stood on my tippy toes to kiss him. His lips fit perfectly with mine and I never wanted to stop.

We fell back onto the bed, him on top of me kissing down my neck. I closed my eyes tilting my head to the side, my fingers gliding down his arms. I really thought I could do it. I thought I could share such an important moment in our relationship with Zach.

Then the flashbacks started.

I put my hands on Zach's chest, pushing him gently, "I can't."

"It's okay," he kissed my forehead and lay down next to me.

No matter how hard I tried to push the flashbacks out of my mind they were there. I really wanted to. I wanted to be with Zach. I wanted to share that moment of intimacy of him, but yet again that night kept controlling my life. I wanted to so badly.

But I couldn't.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly, sliding my arms around him, moving closer to his chest. "I want to. I really want to."

"I know, babe. I understand. I know you need time." His fingers traced small circles on my back, comforting me. "Don't be sorry."

"I love you, I hope you know that." I kissed his shoulder, sighing softly.

"I love you, too."

All I could think about was how I was not ready to return to Crestmont and deal with everything the tapes brought to our lives.

kind of short but I really needed to throw some cute Zaomi? Nach? Stuff in there for you guys before shit starts happening.

THANK YOU FOR 12K BY THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL I LOVE YOU ALL
also if you didn't know the first chapter to my new bellamy blake fanfic is out if you guys wanna see if you'd be interested

show some love and feedback by voting and commenting!

all the love