stripped of everything *TW*

liked by naomikahele, brycewalker, jessssdavis, and 307 more

zdempsey98    she thought the flowers were pretty but I thought she was prettier

naomikahele   SO CHEESY💜

bryce.walker   so jealous

I still hadn't talked to Zach in a few days nor had I finished listening to the tapes. The group kept pestering me about it, but I couldn't bring myself to listen to them alone. I knew I should have talked to Zach by now but I felt dumb for how I acted.

He admitted he was in love with me and I told him to leave. I was too in my feelings, too stressed about everything happening, that I didn't say it back. I should have said it back. I knew I loved him more than anything, and I left him in the dust.

Zach stayed blowing up my phone, begging to meet up, begging for me to talk to him but I couldn't bring myself to reply. I even went out of my way to avoid running into him in the hallways. I stayed outside during lunch, I didn't dare step foot into the cafeteria.

I missed him. I needed him.

I needed to finish the tapes.

The day was dragging on and I had followed my new found routine of going the long way to avoid Zach and anyone from the group. They all were asking me questions and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. When lunch came around I returned to my new spot in the back of the library. I opened a book, not even bothering to to eat lunch. I was frustrated, trying to figure out how I would manage to finish the tapes without Zach by my side.

Were we through? Was that me accidentally breaking up with him? I couldn't bare to think about losing Zach, I had too much going on already.

When I got home, I sat at my desk. I already put the next tape in, I just needed to find the courage to press play. I held my head in my hands, my breathing starting to become heavy; something it did when I was under a lot of pressure.

"Fuck, Naomi, just fucking press play." I huffed and tugged at the ends of my hair.

I set my head down on my desk, my eyes watering. I don't know why I had been crying so much, but ever since Hannah died it's been happening more and more.

Just as I was about to press play I heard a knock on my door downstairs. I groaned, even though I felt relief that I wouldn't be forcing myself to listening to them in that moment. I dragged myself downstairs, opening the front door. I wished my mom had been home to send him home, but of course she had to be out of town. I was faced with my boyfriend.

"Naomi, please-" he started but I cut him off by throwing my arms around his neck. I caved and realized how stupid I was being after not talking to him for almost a week. He slid his arms around my waist, sighing in relief.

"I love you too, Zach. So fucking much." I pulled away cupping his cheeks. "I'm so sorry, I'm an idiot, and I sent you away, and I feel so bad. I love you. I fucking love you."