meeting the boy who ruined me

liked by j_foley, hannahbaker837, zdempsey98 and the 109 more

naomi.a.kahele   crestmont has been treating me good so far

bryce.walker   it's my party isn't it?

hannahbaker837   we try our best(:

As Zach was leading me through the crowd of people stuffed into the big house, I caught a glimpse of Hannah talking to a girl I knew was Jessica. I had her in my English class but I didn't really talk to her much. The only time I did was when she asked me my name and if I was gonna be joining the cheer squad. My answer was no.

"Bryce, look who came," Zach let go of my hand, putting his hand on Bryce's shoulder. Bryce turned around his eyes immediately scanning me from head to toe. I looked away uncomfortably before putting on my best smile.

"I don't think we properly met, I'm Bryce Walker. Star athlete of Liberty High." He gave me a smile holding his hand out. I smiled and shook his hand, taking a sip of my drink.

"I'm Naomi. It's nice to meet you, thanks for letting me come." I looked up at him and then back at Zach who was staring at me, a small smile on his lips. "You're a senior right?"

"I am. That's why we don't have any classes together." Bryce nodded and and pulled me next to him in the circle of people. Zach came to my other side, patting my shoulder. "Everyone this is Naomi, she's new to Crestmont, so make her feel extra welcome." He threw his arm around me pulling me into his side. My cheeks heated up as they started to clap and cheer, my name being shouted from different directions.

The entire night, Bryce had me at his side, and as much as I wanted to break away and go see Zach or Hannah. I was stuck. Literally.

Anytime I tried to pull away his grip would only tighten. I looked to Hannah for help but she only gave me a smile before turning back to talk to Jessica.

"Bryce.. I think I'm gonna go." I attempted to brush his arm off my shoulder, pulling away from him. His hand wrapped around my wrist tightly, my heart stopping.

"Stay a little longer, Naomi. Come on, we're having a good time." He looked down at me, lowering his voice.

"I really should go." I replied my voice cracking.

"Stay." He said lowly, tugging me towards him.

My wrist was starting to hurt under his grip and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't make out any words. I tried to justify his actions by just assuming he was drunk.

"Hey, Naomi," and to my rescue came Zach Dempsey, "You're blocking me in, can you move your car?"

Zach didn't even knew what I think he could tell I was in a sticky situation I didn't know how to get out of. Bryce let go of my wrist and I brought it to my chest, holding it against me.

"Yeah, just one second. I'll meet you out there." My voice was quiet as I looked back to Bryce, "Thank you for having me, Bryce."

"No problem! You're welcome over anytime." He winked, his previous happy and cheerful mood returning.

I found Hannah and soon enough we were leaving Bryce Walker's house. I saw Zach standing by his car that happened to be no where near my car. Hannah went to the car with my keys to start it, and I walked over to the stalky boy named Zach Dempsey.

"Thank you so much for that," I gushed, crossing my arms over my chest to stay warm.

It was a cloudy night, and the wind was blowing softly, enough to make cold though. I could see the moon clearly in a crescent shape.

"For what?" He asked, a small smile appearing on his face.

"I know that you could tell I was uncomfortable. You kind of saved me there."

"How do you know?" Zach crossed his arms, mocking my movements, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Zach, you don't even know what I drive." I laughed, looking down at my phone, checking the time, "I should get going, but..."

"But?"

"I think you should text me." I slid my phone into his hands, biting my lip. My heart was pounding. I had never had that kind of confidence before so I have no idea where it was coming from now.

"Only if you agree to hang out sometime," he handed my phone back to me.

"I agree." I looked over at Hannah who was waving me to the car. "I'll see you around, Dempsey."

"See you around, Kahele." Zach gave me a cheesy smile before I turned away and walked off my car.

I got in the drivers seat a smile still on my face. I placed both hands on the steering wheel looking down at my lap with probably the dumbest smile on my face.

When I heard Hannah snickering beside me I looked up, "What is so funny?"

"You like Zach Dempsey." She shook her head, laughing uncontrollably.

"I barely met the guy, Hannah." I tucked my hair behind my ears, trying to seem calm.

"You like him." She poked my leg multiple times causing me to hit her hand away, both of us in a fit of giggles.

"He's cute, Hannah. But I definitely cannot like someone I've only known for a few hours." I rolled my eyes as I backed out of the Walker driveway, making our way home.

Hannah had decided to spent the night that night and she told me everything there was to know about the boys of Liberty High.

How Justin Foley was an asshole who had screwed her over, how she met Jessica Davis and Alex Standall.

Somehow eventually... I became apart of a little group of friends who met at a small cafe called Monet's.

FML Forever.

I really thought it was gonna get better lmao anyways, here's another short chapter. Next chapter will be in present tense, so hopefully it'll be getting more interesting from here.

Give some feedback, and show some love by commenting and voting!!

All the love