7: They're Mates (E)

The BadAss Mate

7: They're Mates

Lena's POV

You know the feeling when you walk in your school and everyone looks at you as if you're new?

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling right now.

Everyone's looking at me as if I'm a stranger.

I played with my hands and looked at the floor as I walked through the halls going to my locker. I breathed out as soon as I got to my locker, "That was awkward." I murmured to myself.

"What was awkward?"

"Ahh!" I exclaimed, jumping a little as I turned around, "Chris! Gosh, you scared me." I said, patting my chest where my heart is beating hard, I sighed heavily.

He chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, "Sorry. " I smiled at him and turned back to my locker, So, are you and your boyfriend are good?"

I looked at him then turned my back to him again opening my locker, "He's not my boyfriend. We're just.." I trailed trying to find a good word for it.

"Mate?" He asked.

I blinked and looked at him, "Wait.. You're a wolf too?"

He nodded, grinning, "Uh-huh."

"How come I weren't able to know?" I asked, "Wait, maybe there's something wrong with me?" I panicked.

I kept on mumbling incoherent things under my breath until I felt Chris hands on my shoulder shaking me, "Lena. Lena. You're totally fine." He said, firmly, "I just hid my scent. So that, my mother won't be able to find me." He said.

I tilted my head to the side and closed my locker after I took my things, "You're hiding from her? Why?"

"Not only me. Also my dad and sister, and it's really complicated." He said, his face hardening.

I smiled, touching his shoulder a bit, "It's alright. You don't have to tell me."

"Get your fucking hands off of him right now, Lena." I heard a very familiar voice growl.

I jumped in shock as I flinched my hand away. "Gosh, people really want to scare me to death right now." I mumbled, rubbing my foreheard.

Conan growled at Chris, "You better leave her alone right now, asshole."

"Conan!" I exclaimed, "Stop being so rude!"

He looked at me, "Well, he was flirting with you." He fumed.

I rolled my eyes, "Conan, there's no flirting happening. He knows you're my mate so would you calm down right now?" Conan sighed and looked down, "Now, say sorry to him."

His head snapped up at me, "What? No I won't!"

I looked at him sternly, "Either you say sorry or we'll walk away."

"WE?" He exaggerated.

"Yes, now are you going to apologize or not?" I asked, crossing my arms, tapping my foot on the floor.

Chris swayed on his position awkwardly, as he rubbed the back of his neck, while Conan looked at him frowning, "I'm sorry, man."

"Uh.. It's cool." Chris smiled tentatively.

"Good, now come on. Vi's waiting for you in your classroom." Conan said.

I rolled my eyes, "Conan, we have the same classroom."

"Yeah, but it's better when I say it as your classroom."

I chuckled, "Come on, Chris. I'll introduce you to Violet."