30: Lena is Dead

30: Lena is Dead

~*~*~ Kareline Brooks' Point of View ~*~*~

"Please just forgive Conan." Gerard pleaded almost crying.

"What?" I asked in surprise from his outburst.

"Conan is being annoying and kept on babbling how you would never forgive him and shit like that. And I just can't take it anymore!" He exclaimed, collapsing on Violet's bed.

"It's not that easy to forgive him."

"Just say everything's okay but he'll have to do some shit to win your trust back all that." Gerard groaned, "Oh please, Lena."

"He made a bet on me, Gerard. It's not that easy to forget, and please get that through that annoying thick head of yours." I snapped

"He sang to you, Lena."

"Just because he sang to me doesn't mean I'll forgive him already." I huffed.

Gerard suddenly shot up, his eyes lit up and a smile crawled its way to his face, with that expression he left Vi's room and closed the door behind him.

"What was that?" Violet asked in confusion, staring at Gerard's retreating back.

"I don't know." I shrugged, "Anyway, you were saying?"

"Right, so.."

***

"Conaaaan." I sang.

"What Lenaaa?" He whined, burying his head on his arms.

"I thought you wanted to talk?"

"Are you even willing to talk to me or did Gerard force you to?" He mumbled on his arm as he looked up and rested his chin on it, in front of a huge stack of papers on his desk.

"Gerard did force me, but I also came to think that maybe we really should talk about our problem rather than ignoring it and being cold towards each other." I said, trying to make sense. I did make sense right?

"You're right." He said, sitting up properly, "Let me just finish this shit." He gestured at the papers in front of him.

"What are those anyway?" I raised an eyebrow, "We don't even have homework today."

"Alpha duties." Was his response.

"You're not yet an Alpha though."

"Darren wanted me to memorize all of the members of the pack and write the list of Omegas." He grumbled, "Which is, a lot." He added with a frown.

"How many?" I asked, sitting next to him. He was on the sofa with a table in front of him.

"I think they're around two to three hundred. I'm already at two fifty, I've been doing this since around one in the afternoon." He explained.

I checked the time on his bedroom wall and saw it was almost three thirty.

"I didn't even notice the time." He murmured.

"Well, I'll help you to finish this faster."

He flashed me a grin, "Thanks."

"On what letter are we now?"

"T."

"Alright." I took a stack of paper, making sure to give Conan the people who has letter T as their first letter surname.

Damn, this is more complicated than anyone could think of.

***

After writing down the names of the Omegas on a weird, rusty looking paper, we fixed the papers together from the table to Conan's drawer. I sat back on the sofa as I waited for him to finish locking his drawer. He sat next to me as he finished and rested his elbows on his knees.