17: Perfectly Puzzled Family

The BadAss Mate

17: Perfectly Puzzled Family

~*~*~ Lena Carter's Point of View ~*~*~

Maybe sneaking in the Alpha's office wasn't really a good idea. Well, what was I supposed to do? I have to go find the files about my parents so that they would believe me. I mean, if I show them the one's on my phone, they wouldn't immediately believe it because it can be edited. Or somewhat.

So, you know those typical thieves wear? All black clothes. I'm wearing that right now, and no, I'm not exaggerating. If you see the Alpha's room, the room's mostly black and if I wear black he wouldn't notice me much when he comes in. And no, he won't be able to smell me, I sprayed this thing I don't know the name is on me.

So maybe, I've known that Edward and Katelyn are my parents for a week now, but I was depressed that I forgot telling them. Don't blame me, I was on verge of depression. But, really. All I need right now are my parents' comfort.

I tugged at my glove and looked around the room. No one's inside, I'm even surprised that no one caught me coming in to the room. I tiptoed to the corner of the room where two cabinets or drawer thingy are placed. Once I reached it, I started to look for letter 'B'. You know because my parents' surname is Brooks.

I opened a drawer that says 'A-C' I started to look for the files and grinned in victory once I saw the surname Brooks. I took the two files of it and hid it inside my bag. I was about to sneak out from the window when I heard key jingling from the other side of the door.

My eyes widened, as I started to look around in panic. I felt my heart beat loudly on my chest as I hear the door open, I quickly jump to hide somewhere beside where I just stood. I looked around and noticed I hid under the Alpha's desk.

And damn, may I remind you that the Alpha is my soon to be ex-mate's father?

I felt my shoulders tense when I saw the Alpha sit down on his chair and his knees were inches apart from my face. I quietly blew out a breathe and stayed where I was.

"What do you mean there are witches?" Alpha asked.

"Sir, five out ten of our patrols were killed by the witches."

"What? What did the witches want? I thought wolves and witches along with the vampires had a truce?"

"That's what we also thought, Alpha."

"Did any witches trespassed?"

"No, sir. Apparently, someone in our pack have something that's theirs."

"What is it?"

"They didn't elaborate what it was, sir."

"Then we better find that out, come along with me, Trent."

I stifled a sigh in relief as the Alpha stood up from his chair and walk away. I didn't come out until I heard the door close. I peeked out my head and no one was inside. That was close.

I stood up and opened the window, I jumped out and fell straight on my feet. I smiled smugly as I used my powers to close the window. I thought of my room and closed my eyes, not even a second passed, I opened my eyes and grinned when I already inside my room.

Maybe I should've used my transporting powers while I was hidden under the Alpha's desk. Now, I feel stupid.

I shook my head and walked across my room, I was about to change when something shiny on my desk caught my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly walked over to my desk, I looked at the shiny thing and confusion clouded over me. Whose necklace is this?