21: Never Leaving

The BadAss Mate

21: Never Leaving

~*~*~ Lena Carter's Point of View ~*~*~

The tension in the car was awkward making me fidget on my seat. I was sat between Lucas and Conan, both of them were tensed making the atmosphere in the car really awkward. Conan's dad may have sensed but he probably chose to just ignore it.

"So.." I trailed off, "How's life?"

Before either Conan or Lucas can answer me Darren quickly opened his mouth and answered, "Oh, it's good. Nice, really. Not awkward or anything!"

Way to make it more awkward.

"Dad." Conan said firmly.

"What?"

"Please shut up."

"Conan!" I hit his arm, "That's not the way to talk to your dad."

"Whatever."

I sighed, throwing my head back on the head rest, "How far are we?"

"We're here."

"Huh?" I blinked, "Well, that was faster than the first time we drove here."

"Well, I had to drive fast so we could get this awkward tension away." Darren shrugged, shaking his head.

We stood inside the castle, waiting for Darren to come back with the King. Now, it feels more awkward to call him grandpa when me and Conan aren't even together anymore. If we ever did get together, though.

I sat between Conan and Lucas who both had said nothing, my back was stiff and I was sitting too straight from the awkward silence.

I've never been grateful in my life, as soon as Darren came in with the king, I jumped up and smiled, "Finally."

"What? It took us like three minutes." Darren shrugged.

I gave him a pointed look while giving a discreet look at the two mates I have.

"Oh." Darren nodded.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Okay, so what's the problem here?" The king asked.

"I have two mates." I grimaced, "And the other's a vampire. Is that even possible?"

"No, it's not possible." The king frowned, "But, I thought he was a witch?"

"Witch?" I turned to Lucas, "You're a witch."

Lucas threw his hands up in defense, "I'm not a witch."

"But, why do I smell that on you?" The king asked, getting confused.

Darren sniffed, "I think I can smell a witch's scent too."

"I'm a vampire, not a witch." Lucas said exasperated.

"That's odd." The king frowned.

"Maybe he's a witch in disguise." Conan said, rolling his eyes, "He smells like a witch, so that explains it."

"How many times do I have to say I'm not a witch!" Lucas exclaimed, glaring at Conan.

Darren looked at his son, "Conan stop. Just shut up and sit there." He said making Conanv huff in frustration.

"Come here, son.." The king told Lucas, motioning for him to come closer. Conan huffed louder when his grandpa called Lucas son. The king rolled his eyes at Conan as Lucas came in front of him. The king put his hand on Lucas' chin narrowing his eyes at Lucas'. He sudden flinched his hand away from Lucas, "What is that spark coming off from you?"