Chapter 1 - The birthday gift

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photographing without the prior written permission of the author.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hmiamiamia

Chase's POV

I rubbed my eyes as I heard my phone ring. My head was pounding; I drank too much last night. When I opened my eyes, I was in an unfamiliar bedroom. Then, I saw the girl sleeping next to me.

I sat up on the bed and picked up my phone, "Hello?"

"Mr. Knight, your father wanted me to remind you of the meeting you have at eleven in the morning. He's asking where you are."

I looked at the watch on the bedside table. It was 10:45 a.m. Damn it. My father would kill me this time.

"Okay, I'm on the way," I responded.

As soon as I hung up the phone, I got up and picked my clothes up from the floor. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my pocket as the girl opened her eyes.

"Good morning. Are you leaving?"

"Good morning. Yes, I have a meeting."

As I was walking out, she asked, "No good morning kiss?"

I smirked at her as I turned around. I kissed her lips passionately. As I walked out quickly, I winked back at her. I got in my car and drove fast.

I arrived at the building at 11:00 a.m. I headed straight to my father's office. When I asked my father's secretary of his whereabouts, she said that he had just gone to the conference room. I ran to the conference room. I caught my father before he entered the room.

"Dad," I said. My father stopped as he heard me. He turned around and waited for me. "I'm sorry I'm late."

"If you are going to spend the night busy, make sure to spend it quiet before a meeting, son," he said with a smirk and placed his hand on the back of my neck.

I was very close to my father. I was close to my mother as well. I also had a sister, Chloe. She's two years younger than me. We argued a lot, but she was my princess.

We entered the conference room. After the meeting, I went to my office. My phone rang. It was my sister.

"Hello, lil sis."

"Good morning, brother."

"Good morning. What do you want now? When you say brother, you always want something from me," I said and smiled.

"You break my heart, Chase."

"Okay, okay. Speak."

"You're the best brother ever, do you know that?"

"Yes, I know."

"But you are arrogant," I smiled at her remark and then she continued, "today is Aria's birthday. You remember I guess." She emphasized the word guess, smiling.

"Chloe!"

"Okay, okay," she said. "We're going to celebrate her birthday tonight. We want to do it at the nightclub. Can you pick me up at eleven?"

"Why can't you ask the driver?"

"Brother, please. He has the day off. Your sister only wants something from you once in a while," she said, pretending to be upset.

"Only once in a while?"

"Ok, not only once in a while. But please?"

"Okay, Chloe. I'll pick you up."