Chapter 8 - Cheater

Chase's POV

"Mom?"

"Go downstairs, Chase."

"Ok."

I went downstairs. Aria was talking to Chloe. I sat down on the couch. I started playing a game on my phone to kill time.

I was looking at her when nobody was looking at us; our eyes met.

Suddenly, I felt my mother's eyes on me. She was staring at us. Aria must have noticed too. She averted her eyes away from mine.

"Aria, where is your necklace? The angel wing necklace you always wore," my mother asked Aria. Aria placed her hand on her neck.

"Um...I lost it a few days ago. I noticed afterward."

Aria's POV

I probably dropped it in Chase's penthouse. I noticed a few days later. But I didn't ask Chase about it. And I didn't want something that reminded me of him.

Chase sent me a devilish smirk. He probably found my necklace.

Aunt Sophia was acting strangely. She started after we ran across each other as I left the bathroom.

Flashback

"Aria, are you alright? Your cheeks are red."

I placed my hand on my cheek reflexively.

"U-uh...it's a little hot. I washed my face. It will pass."

"Okay,dear."

After that, she was staring at us. Maybe she saw Chase leaving the bathroom too. I sent a message to Chase as Chloe went to the kitchen.

'Did your mother see you leaving the bathroom? '

When Chase received my message, he looked at me while smirking. His face expression changed as he read the message.

'Did you come across her? '

'Yes, she saw me when I left the bathroom. '

'She saw me,too. '

I looked at him nervously. He shrugged his shoulders. Then I saw that Aunt Sophia was looking at us. I averted my eyes away.

I got up in the morning and got ready. I went to the university.

After class, I received a message from Chase.

'I'm in front of the university. I have a surprise for you. '

'No,I'm going home.'

I sent the message.

'Aria,please. '

I rolled my eyes and sent him a message.

'Alright. I'm coming. '

I told Chloe that Chase was waiting for me and said goodbye.

Chase was sitting on his motorcycle in front of the university.

He wore blue jeans, a white T-shirt, and a leather jacket. He looked so handsome as always.

When he saw me, he stood up while smiling

When he saw me, he stood up while smiling. He ran his hand through his hair as I walked to him.

"You're beautiful," he complimented me.

"Thank you. What's your surprise?"

"Come with me," he said and handed me a helmet.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. Come on." We put on our helmets. "Climb on."

As we got on the motorcycle, Chase asked me, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

I wrapped my arms around him as he started the motorcycle.

It felt amazing as the wind blew my hair. I pressed my head to his back.

Chase and I arrived at the beach. He turned off the motorcycle in front of the beach. We got off and took our helmets off. He held my hand as we walked on the beach.

"What are we doing here, Chase?" I asked.

"A little patience, beautiful...and we arrived," he said with open arms and smiled.

There was a blanket on the beach and a picnic basket on it.

"Picnic time," he said.

He helped me sit and sat down on the blanket. He opened the basket. There was a bottle of orange juice and two sandwiches.

We talked and laughed; I was having a good time. I was happy.

After eating, he put the bottle and glass inside the basket.

I sat on the blanket watching the sea. Chase put the basket on the sand. He sat down behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned against his chest. We started watching the sea together, cheek to cheek without talking.

I felt peaceful, relaxed, and happy in his arms. I felt at home in his arms.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

"A little."

"Then, let's go."

"Ok," I said and got up.

He smiled while extending his hand to me. I smiled and gave him my hand; he pulled me.

I lost my balance and fell on his chest. Our eyes met. He moved his gaze from my eyes to my lips. And he kissed me.

I responded to his kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me too and pressed me to his chest. He rolled us over until I laid under him on the blanket. After a few seconds, he pulled his lips away.

"Now we can go," he said while smirking.

He got up and extended his hand to me. I got up while holding his hand. He put his hand on my lower back and pulled me close to him. We walked towards the motorcycle.

Afterwards, we arrived at my house. "Thank you for today," I said. "Goodbye."

"My goodbye kiss?" he asked.

He pointed to his cheek while smiling. I smiled and bent down towards his cheek. He turned his face quickly, letting our lips meet. He pulled back while smirking.

"Cheater," I said with a smile.