Chapter 18 - In danger

Chase's POV

The photos and the note infuriated me. The person behind the accident was following Aria and me, meaning that Aria was in danger as well.

I quickly grabbed the envelope, the note, and the photos. I went to my father's office.

 I went to my father's office

"Dad!"

"Chase, are you alright?" my dad asked worriedly.

"Dad, you need to look at these. Aria is in danger," I said.

I handed him the photos with the note that came with them. He looked at them; his facial expression changed.

"When did you receive these?" he asked.

"A few minutes ago. I came here right after I looked at them."

My dad grabbed his phone and called his secretary. "Connect me with the police department."

He was transferred and said, "My son just received a couple of photos of him and Aria. They came with a note." He listened to the police department for a few minutes.

I waited for him to stop talking. I was getting impatient as time passed. Finally, he hung up. "They said they're coming," he said. "I will appoint security guards to Aria. I need to inform James as well." I nodded.

I was worried. I hated the thought of something happening to Aria. She is my life.

"Is there something going on between you guys? According to him, he is after her," my father asked.

I hesitated to say something. "...We are together. She is my girlfriend," I informed my father. I couldn't hide this anymore.

"Your mother and I guessed it at the hospital."

"I need to call her, and tell her about it." My father nodded.

I went out of my father's office and went to mine. I called her.

"Hi, darling, I miss you."

"I miss you too, beautiful. Where are you? Are you alone?" I asked her.

"I'm at home. I'm going shopping today. My mom is at your parent's house. Is something wrong? You sound worried."

"Don't go out of the house. I'm coming. I'll tell you everything when I get there."

"Chase, what happened? Is the man behind your accident threatening you? Did he do something to you?" Aria asked worriedly.

When I find that man, I'm going to kill him with my bare hands.

"I'm fine. Don't worry, but don't leave your house."

"Ok."

"Bye, beautiful."

"Bye." I hung up the phone.

I checked with the head security guards and everything was alright at Aria's place. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. My father came in with the detective. He looked at the photos and the note.

"According to the photos, the target is Ms. Collins. I will send the police to her house." I clenched my fist. I was pacing back and forth in the room. There was a knock on the door. Uncle James walked in.

"Why is he after my daughter?" Uncle James asked, concerned. I look at my father.

"The reason must be because of the relationship between Ms. Collins and Mr. Knight. He probably thinks that if he reaches her, he can reach Mr. Knight too," the detective said.

"What relationship?" Uncle James asked, staring at me angrily. My father placed a hand on my shoulder.

The detective looked at me and asked, "Aren't you together? I assumed because of the photos. Then, it's possible that the man knows Ms. Collins too." Uncle James looked at the photos.

"Is it true, Chase? Are you together?" Uncle James asked me angrily. My father nodded at me.

"...Yes."

Everyone was looking at me. I could guess what Uncle James was thinking. He was killing me over and over again.

"Calm down, James. Our children are in danger. We have to make sure they are safe. That is the only important thing right now."

"If your son stayed away from Aria, she wouldn't be in danger," he said, angrily.

"When was the first photo taken?"

I didn't understand if the detective was trying to protect me or kill me. But at that moment, Aria's safety was more important. So, I told him without paying attention to Uncle James's death stare.

"Two months ago. We were walking out of a cafe." Uncle James rolled his eyes and looked at the photo. We were walking to my car, holding each other's hand.

"Okay, we'll look at the security cameras of the cafe."

The detective walked out. Uncle James stared at me deadly.

"Let's go to my office, James."

"Let's go, before I kill your son," Uncle James answered, looking at me. Uncle James left towards my father's office.

Before leaving my office, my father turned around to me and said, "Don't worry. I'll talk to him and soften him up."

"Thank you, dad." He placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"I'm going to Aria's house. She is waiting for me."

"Okay, be careful!"

I grabbed my phone and left towards her house. There were a lot of bodyguards there. I asked our bodyguard about the situation. He informed me that everything was fine.

I knocked on the door. Aria opened the door. I hugged her tightly.

Aria's POV

I was worried after Chase called me. My father had called me as well and told me not to leave the house. He said that if I had to leave the house, I had to take a couple of bodyguards with me. More and more bodyguards started to patrol the house.

As I waited for Chase, I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it; every time I did, I enjoyed it.

"My baby, your father is coming."

There was a knock on the door. When I opened the door, I saw Chase. He had his hands in his pockets. We hugged each other in an instant.

I took in his smell. He wore Bleu de Chanel, his signature perfume. I enjoyed his scent. It was masculine, sexy, and mind-blowing.

Instantly, all my worries were gone. After we hugged, I pulled away.

He placed his hand on my cheek and kissed my lips.

"I missed you."

"Me too."

We went to the living room and took a seat on the couch

We went to the living room and took a seat on the couch. I asked, "Chase, what happened? Tell me."