Chapter 2 - Dreams and reality

Chase's POV

We drank as we talked and laughed.

"Dance with me," I told her.

I held her hand as we walked to the dance floor. I put my hands around her waist and pulled her close to me. Aria wrapped her arms around my neck, our eyes met. We smiled at each other. I pulled her closer, leaving a few inches between us.

I inhaled her scent. She smelled like jasmine and vanilla. Her scent was blowing my mind. I was drunk; Thanks to her scent and drinks.

"You're so beautiful," I whispered in her ear. I pressed her closer to me, leaving no distance between us. I trailed my lips from her earlobe to her neck.

"Let's go somewhere quieter," I suggested; she nodded in agreement. I held her hand while we walked towards our table. She grabbed her bag and the gift I had bought for her and left the nightclub afterward. We got in my car. I stopped the car in front of my penthouse building. I got out of the car and opened the door for her. I extended my hand to her. She gave me her hand. She got out of the car. I held her hand. We entered the building.

I opened the door; we walked in. As soon as I closed the door, I united our lips and pushed us against the wall.

I kissed her with passion and urgency. I was kissing these lips that I had been dreaming for a long time. I slipped my hand under her dress and stroked her thigh. She took my leather jacket off.

"Chase," she murmured. There was no one else who said my name as beautiful as she did.

I scooped her up into my arms and carried her to my bedroom. As I placed her on the bed, I reunited our lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I took her dress off and tossed it. Then, I got up and took my clothes off.

I was roaming her body; she was so sexy. I wanted to explore every inch of her body. Her cheeks blushed.

I smiled and leaned down to kiss her soft red lips. I trailed my lips down, placing butterfly kisses. She shivered under my touches.

I unclasped her lace bra and tossed it to the floor. I kissed her breast. I cupped her breast and teased her nipple with my tongue. Then, I cupped her other breast and did the same thing to it. All she could do was moan while gripping my hair. I trailed kisses down to her stomach; she arched her back as the pleasure consumed her.

"You are so beautiful. You are driving me crazy," I whispered.

I kissed her body. I pulled her lace panties down and threw them to the floor. I pulled her legs apart and kissed her in between her legs; she moaned and pressed her head back. I was teasing her sensitive spot with my tongue and fingers. She ran her hands through my hair. I plunged my tongue into her. A loud moan escaped from her lips.

"Chase," she moaned. I licked and sucked her sensitive spot. She came, screaming my name out. I cleared her juice with my tongue and kissed her lips.

I positioned myself between her legs and shoved my length inside her. She screamed out in pain, gripping the sheet. I stayed inside her. I kissed her lips. I entwined our fingers above her head and started moving inside her; she moaned. I speeded up. The room filled with our moans. She wrapped her legs around my waist tightly. I thrust inside her faster and harder while kissing her lips passionately. We came together, screaming each other's name out. I collapsed on her body, resting my forehead against hers. I kissed her lips again and rolled over. I lay down on the bed, trying to catch my breath.

I woke up with a pounding headache. I felt a weight on my chest. When I opened my eyes, I saw Aria sleeping in my arms. I had imagined this scene many times in my mind. But I had been trying to convince myself that there would not be such a thing in real life. But now Aria was in my arms. She was mine, my woman. She was mine with all her body, soul. I closed my eyes.

"Damn it! What did you do, Chase?!" I mumbled to myself.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. I stroked her hair. I regretted what happened last night. I shouldn't have done this to her.

Compared to the women I have slept with, Aria was different. But last night with the alcohol and her scent, the feeling of her in my arms, triggered everything. I could not hold myself anymore.

I got up carefully without waking her up. I put my boxers and pants on. I was staring at her. The girl who I dreamed for years was sleeping in my bed.

I hated myself.

She was precious to me. She was innocent and beautiful. But yesterday I ruined everything. I sat down on the bed. I closed my eyes, holding my head in my hands. Suddenly, Aria wrapped her arms around me from behind and gave a soft kiss on my back.

"Good morning." I didn't know what to say nor how to act.

She leaned her head against my back, hugging me from behind.

"I am sorry, Aria…I was drunk last night…"

"Please don't apologize. It was the most beautiful night of my life."

I stood up; I couldn't look her in the eyes.

She was looking at me, covering her breasts with the cover. I looked at her.

"Last night…it shouldn't have happened…it was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened." Her face expression changed as I said these things. "It's for the best for both of us to forget what happened last night. I am sorry."

I ran my hand through my hair. She got up without saying anything; she picked up her clothes. She turned her back to me and put on her clothes. She did not say anything. She put on her shoes and walked towards the door. I grabbed her wrist when she was walking out of the bedroom.

"Aria." She wasn't looking at me. "Please say something."

She pulled her head away when I tried lifting her head up with my finger. She looked at me with disappointment in her eyes. It shattered my heart.

"What do you expect me to say? Nothing is important after what you said. I am one of your one night stands for you, who you use and throw away…but for me…it made more sense than you thought…being in the arms of the man…who I lo…"

She shook her head with a fake smile on her face. She walked out of the bedroom without finishing her sentence.

I just watched her leave. I only heard the sound of the door close.

Aria's POV

I couldn't remember how I got out of his penthouse; everything was a blur. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. As soon as the door of the elevator closed, I let them fall.

My head suddenly spun; I leaned against the wall. I wanted to get away from here as soon as possible.

Everything changed in a few minutes. I was so happy when I woke up. I woke up beside the man I loved after the most beautiful and passionate night that we had spent together. But he ruined everything.

Nothing of what had happened was important to him; he didn't love me.

I was foolish to wait, to think that he would love me someday.

I got in the taxi. When I arrived home, I went to my room. I closed the door behind me. I sat down, leaning against the door. I pulled my legs towards me and wrapped my arms around them.

"You are stupid, Aria. You are stupid," I said to myself crying.