Chapter 19 - Darkness

Aria's POV

Chase told me what happened at his company today. I couldn't believe it. He was after me. Who was he? What did he want from us?

I wasn't feeling well. I thought about my baby.

I got up and went towards the window. I looked at the bodyguards in the garden.

"Aria, are you alright? Your face is pale," Chase said, concerned

"Aria, are you alright? Your face is pale," Chase said, concerned. He got up and walked closer to me. He placed his hand on my cheek.

"Who is he? What does he want from us?"

"Calm down. I won't let anything happen to you." He hugged me.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit me. I rushed to the bathroom. Chase followed me and held my hair back as I threw up. I washed my face as he placed his hand on my back.

"Are you better?" he asked. When I tried to answer, I felt dizzy. He caught me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Come on, let's go to your room. You need to lie down." He scooped me up in his arms bridal style and carried me to my room. He put me on the bed carefully and pulled a blanket over me. "I am calling the doctor."

"No. I need to tell you something." He sat down on the bed beside me and held my hand. He looked at me.

"I am…" Suddenly, his phone rang. He pulled his phone out from his pocket and looked at the screen.

"I have to pick up. It's my dad. Maybe they found something."

"Ok." Chase picked up the phone and left the room. I leaned back.

A few minutes later, Chase came back to the room. "Beautiful, I have to go. They saw a suspicious man on the security videos from the cafe. They want me to watch it. Are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah, don't worry about me."

"Okay. I called your mother. She is on her way." He kissed my lips and left.

I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it.

A few minutes later, my mother came. "Are you alright, Aria? Chase said you weren't feeling well."

"I'm better now. I threw up, and my head spun slightly," I said, placing my hand on my stomach.

Chase's POV

I left Aria's house and went to the police station. My father and Uncle James were there. I saw the video.

"This is Jacob." I couldn't believe it. Jacob was after us!

"Who is he?"

"He was Aria and Chloe's groupmate at the university. I met him a few weeks ago. I only know his name," I said.

"Okay. We need to talk to Ms. Collins and Ms. Knight."

We went to my parent's house. I told that Aria wasn't feeling well earlier, so we decided to talk to Chloe only.

"I think his surname is Johnson. We weren't close. I asked him for help one time. After he did, he approached Aria and me at the university a few times," she said. "A few times in the class, I saw him staring at Aria, but we didn't pay attention to it," she finished while looking at me. I clenched my fist.

"Have you ever seen him somewhere else?" the detective asked.

"No, but his surname is familiar. We were at an auction two months ago. His company was there too. We won the deal. Afterward, I heard that their company had been suffering a great loss and the company went bankrupt."

"Yeah, I remember too," my father said.

Aria's POV

I woke up in the morning with nausea. I rushed to the bathroom; I threw up. I washed my mouth and went downstairs.

After breakfast, I talked to Chase. He told me that the man that was threatening us was Jacob.

I was sitting on the couch and looking out the window. Suddenly, there was a weird noise.

 Suddenly, there was a weird noise

"Mom?"

I heard gunshots and moved away from the window. I grabbed my phone and called Chase. Suddenly, someone caught me from behind and covered my mouth with a cloth. The cloth smelt strange and my vision darkened.

Chase's POV

I was at the company. The detective found new information about Jacob. My father and Uncle James were in my room as well.

My phone rang; it was Aria. I picked up my phone. "Hi, Aria." There was no voice. "Aria? Do you hear me?" I started to worry. I looked at the screen. The call hadn't ended. But there was no voice. I hung up the phone and called her house phone.

"What happened, son?" my father asked. Everyone was worried now. Nobody picked up the phone.

"Aria called. But there was no voice. I called the house phone as well. But nobody picked up."

Uncle James grabbed his phone and called. The detective called the police in front of her house. I called her phone again. The phone was ringing. A few seconds later, someone picked up the phone.

"Mr. Knight. It's Chris, the security guard."

"Chris, why did you pick up Aria's phone? Where is Aria?"

"Mr. Knight, there was a gunfight outside. Ms. Collins was inside. Meanwhile, somebody went into the house and kidnapped Ms. Collins."

"WHAT?"

I placed my hand on the desk for support and pulled the phone away from my ear. Chris was still speaking on the phone, but I wasn't listening anymore. My father ran towards me. He placed his hand on my back.

"Son, what happened? Your face is pale."

"Aria…he kidnapped Aria," I murmured.