Chapter 24 - The proposal

Chase's POV

"Uh…last night, Aria craved ice cream. I brought it to her," I whispered and pointed to the box.

Uncle James was going to say something, but Aunt Ella came to the living room. "Good morning, Chase."

"Good morning, Aunt Ella."

Aria hugged me tightly and buried her head in my neck in her sleep. Aunt Ella smiled. Uncle James stared at me deathly.

"Come on, let's have breakfast," Uncle James said in a loud voice to wake up Aria.

"James," Aunt Ella scolded Uncle James angrily.

"What? I am hungry." He shrugged his shoulders and sat on the chair. Aunt Ella gave me an apologetic look and went to his side.

Aria opened her eyes. She placed her hand on the back of my neck.

"Good morning," she murmured.

"Good morning." She kissed my lips. Uncle James cleared his throat. Aria pulled back. She saw them and looked at me again. I nodded.  "Good morning," she said to them.

I stood up and said, "I'm going."

"Don't leave yet. Join us for breakfast," Aunt Ella said. When I looked at Uncle James during, he was already having breakfast. He didn't even look at me. "Please," Aunt Ella pleaded.

"Alright."

"I'm going to change my clothes. I'll come back in a minute," Aria said, looking at me. I nodded.

After having breakfast, I went home. When I arrived, my mother was in the living room.

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, mom." I kissed her cheek.

"Where were you?"

"At Aria's house. She craved ice cream yesterday. I took it to her. Then, she fell asleep, leaning against me. I didn't want to wake her up, so I fell asleep too. Aunt Ella invited me for breakfast."

"How is Aria? How's my grandchild?"

"They are fine. I need to change my clothes. I'm going to the company."

I left the house

I left the house. I went to a shop before I went to the company.

I grabbed my phone and messaged Aria.

'Be ready at seven. I have a surprise for you. My driver will pick you up. I love you both!'

'Okay. We love you too!'

I put my phone on the desk and pulled out the red velvet box from my pocket; I opened it. I was going to propose to Aria today. I was preparing a surprise for her at our countryside house. She was going to be my wife. I smiled.

I left the company early and went to the countryside house. Everything was ready by the time I got there.

I changed my clothes and waited for Aria. My driver called me and said that they were on their way.

I was excited, yet nervous. I saw a car approach the house and went outside. I opened the back door of the car and Aria got out. She looked so beautiful. She smiled at me; I smiled back.

 She smiled at me; I smiled back

She came towards me. I hugged her and kissed her neck. "You look breathtaking," I said in her ear. Then I pulled back and kissed her lips passionately.  

Aria's POV

Chase stopped kissing me. We were trying to catch our breaths.

Chase looked very handsome. He wore a black suit, a black tie, and a white shirt.

 He wore a black suit, a black tie, and a white shirt

He held my hand as we entered the house. He closed the door behind us.

When I entered the house, it was decorated beautifully with candles. Among the candles were rose petals.

"Chase, it's beautiful," I turned around and told him.

"I'm glad you like it. But there's more." He winked.

We followed the rose petals and walked towards the living room. There was a table decorated with candles and rose petals. He pulled the chair for me. He sat opposite of me. We started eating.

After we finished eating, Chase got up and extended his hand; I took it. We danced. He placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him. I leaned my head against his chest.

A few minutes later, he pulled back. He was holding something in his hand. He knelt down on one knee in front of me and opened a red velvet box. There was a diamond ring in the box. I was so surprised and happy.

"The first and only love of my life. You are my breath and my living soul. Will you spend the rest of your life with me? Will you marry me?"

I was happy and very emotional. "Yes!" I said, smiling. He smiled and got up. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up. He spun me around. "Chase."

Later, he set me down on my feet carefully. He kissed my lips, placing his hand on my cheek.

"I love you, beautiful."

"I love you too."

He pulled away and held my hand. He slipped the ring onto my ring finger and hugged me again.