Chapter 4 - A decision

Aria's POV

I was laying on the bed in my room when a knock on the door suddenly made me jump up.

"Come in."

Chloe walked in.

"I wondered about you."

"Welcome."

She moved closer to me and hugged me. We sat down on the bed.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"But you don't look alright; I know you. What is wrong with you? Tell me! I'm your best friend. Did my brother say or do anything?" she asked again.

I couldn't tell her what happened. If I did, she would bring Chase to account for it. I don't want that.

I was embarrassed to tell her what happened. How could I tell her?

"No, I'm fine, really," I said, trying to sound convincing.

"After I had talked to you, I went to go see my brother. He was angry. His penthouse had lots of empty bottles of alcohol. I asked him if he had told you something."

Please, don't say anything, Chase.

"He said that he just dropped you off home."

I breathed in deeply and then said, "Yes."

"Then he got angry and shouted at me. It seemed like something had happened to him, in fact, both of you."

"Please, let's close this topic. We all know that nothing will ever happen between us. Please."

"After seeing how he looks at you, I know he likes you. But he's just afraid of a serious relationship. When I insisted, he shouted at me, telling me something like that. He's the one who could control everything until now, but he cannot control his feelings for you. So, he's afraid."

"What did he say?"

"It's not important, but I understand the real reason. But, I have a plan."

"No, Chloe! You won't do anything."

"But..."

"No, Chloe! Promise me?"

"I can't promise anything," she said.

She grabbed her bag and left the room smiling.

Chase's POV

I changed my clothes and went to meet up with Jace. Jace was my best friend. We knew each other's secrets.

When I got in my car, I saw the gift on the back seat that I had bought for Aria. She left it in the car when we went to my penthouse.

I started driving. I came to the nightclub. Jace was waiting for me here. After greeting, we ordered our drinks.

"You haven't said anything since you came

"You haven't said anything since you came. What happened?"

"...Aria."

"What happened now? You still won't admit that you like her."

"Why does everyone say I like her? Before Chloe, now you."

"Because it's the truth."

"How do you know?"

"Every time you look at her, your eyes shine."

"I don't think she wants to see me anymore," I said and drank a sip of my drink.

"What happened?"

I told him what happened.

"Chase! I don't understand why you are running away from her," he said.

"I'm afraid of falling under her spell. I can't make my heart listen to me when it comes to her. I can't get her out of my mind. All this scares me."

Finally, I admitted what I feel for her.

"Is this better? What if someone else becomes a part of her life? Will you not feel worse?"

The thought made me angry. I squeezed my glass in my hand.

"What do you think? That she will wait for you? Don't! Because you will regret it," he said.

Jace was right. I won't allow this. She is mine. Only mine.

After talking to Jace, I went to my parent's house. Everybody was in the living room.

"You got out of your house without going into an alcoholic coma," Chloe said, rolling her eyes.

"That is right, my dear."

I moved closer to her. I wrapped my arm around her neck and rumbled her hair playfully.

"CHASE!" she yelled at me. I hugged her.

"You're better now. Your voice was sad in the morning," my mother said.

"Yeah, but I feel better now."

Everybody went to their rooms. I went to my room and called Aria. She didn't pick up her phone. I sent her a message.

'We need to talk. I will pick you up after university at 02:00 p.m. tomorrow.'