The Worst Date Ever

"I don't really know much about how you can manipulate the elements," Olivia said clearly not expecting this "The last true-born female wolf lived over one hundred years ago."

"It has to be at least kind of similar to how you use some of your Were gifts and I need a way to protect myself. I don't want to have to rely on someone else being there to save me," I said feeling more passionate about the subject as I spoke.

"You'll never have to defend yourself though. I'll always be there for you," Grayson said sounding offended.

"Sure, but what if on the off chance something does happen. Plus it's not like we have anything better to do while we're trapped down here," I said, "Unless you want to spend the couple days we're trapped down here watching chick flicks," I raised an eyebrow challenging him.

"Fine self-defense it is," he groaned and Olivia shrugged "But we are starting with good old-fashioned self-defense before any magic."

We cleared a space on the floor and Grayson had me take a defensive stance as he started to talk. "Ok so you don't have a fraction of the strength or speed of a were or a vamp, but they probably won't be trying to kill you which will be an advantage for you," Grayson said going into lecture mode "The sensitive spots that you're going to want to aim for are the eyes, nose, the throat, the stomach, and the groin. If you can reach them easily go for the eyes trying to scratch them out or use the palm of your hand to push the nose as hard as you can into your assailant's skull."

"Ok, I did know that I mean I did manage to take care of myself before I got dragged into all of this. But what do I do if someone grabs me?" I asked.

"Ok that's a good question," he said pulling me against him with my back against his chest "From this angle it's going to be hard to get to any of the sensitive points you would normally want to go for. So what you would do is grab elbow your assailant in the stomach. It probably won't hurt them, but it might surprise them enough to let you go. If they don't they'll still probably be thrown off guard so you'll want to grab their arm, lower your center of gravity, and use your hips to try and throw them off you. Now I want you to try it." His arms tightened around me so that I couldn't get out of his grip. I elbowed him as hard as I could and grabbed his arm. Bending my knees I twisted my hips and pulled as hard as I could. He didn't tumble over me as he should have, but I did manage to loosen his grip enough to getaway.

He smiled "Not half bad Baudin not half bad. Next time don't be afraid to actually hit me next."

"I did try to actually hit you," I said frustrated. We practiced that move several more times, but I was never strong enough to flip him. After the seventh try creamed in frustration "This is pointless."

"It's not your doing really well," Grayson rubbed my back gently.

"You aren't even really trying that hard to hold me and I have to try as hard as I can to break free" I grumbled. He went to give me a hug, but I threw up my hand to stop him "Don't". As soon as I threw my hand up a gust of wind blew against Grayson. It wasn't strong enough to do anything except to startle everyone in the room. I laughed gleefully apparently a bit slap happy. "Oh my god that felt incredible," I said gleefully.

I tried again this time focusing on channeling my energy into moving the air around a sheet of paper and managed to make it fly across the room. "Ok I'm super jealous," Olivia said from where she'd been watching.

I sat down exhausted. "Are you ok?" Grayson asked concerned.

"Yeah, I think I figured it out though," I said, "It's all about channeling my energy into the energy of the element I want to manipulate". I tried moving a couple more things with air and then just played around with the air itself before Grayson stopped me.