The Beginning of the End

When I woke up I felt exhausted. Every part of me ached and as I gently pushed up I was confused. I was laying in my bed back at my father's house. I thought back trying to remember how I had gotten here. All I could remember though was Greyson pushing me out of the way to get to Bastien and Bastien scooping me up in his arms when I'd fallen to the ground completely limp. I tried to push myself up into a sitting position, but I hissed in pain unable to push myself all the way into a sitting position.

"Shhh you shouldn't push yourself too much," Olivia said helping me up into a sitting position.
I felt my heartbeat speed up. "Where's Greyson," I asked panicked. I had to know he was alive and safe. I had to make sure Bastien hadn't hurt him. 

"He's fine," Olivia said with a weird look on her face "A little sore after what happened, but he knows you didn't mean to hurt him".

"What?" I asked in confusion. How had I hurt Greyson? I had been unconscious for his fight with Bastien.

Olivia watched me her brow furrowing "You don't remember?".

"The last thing I remember was Greyson pushing me out of the way to get to Bastien and I hit a rock. I don't remember anything after that"

Olivia frowned "I don't think I'm the one who should tell you what happened. I'll get Greyson. He's been up here by your side for days, but he needed to get some sleep. He should be up by now though".

Olivia left before I could protest and I wondered how long I had been unconscious. Most of all I wondered what had happened to Bastien. I reached out tentatively trying to see if the bond that connected us still existed. When I felt nothing except for calm contentment from Greyson I relaxed back into the soft pillows.

"Hey, sweetheart how are you doing," Greyson asked smiling sweetly at me as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm tired" I confessed knowing that there was no point in trying to hide how I felt from him. After all, he was my mate he would know whether I told him or not. "Mostly just confused. I don't remember anything after you pushed me out of the way to get to Bastien" I sighed.

Greyson flinched when I mentioned how he had brutally pushed me out of the way forgetting that I wasn't as durable as most Weres. I forgot sometimes that he wasn't the gentle sweet teddy bear that I thought of him as. Greyson was a strong supernatural beast that played by different rules than normal humans did. A sudden pang of worry shot through me as I realized how little I knew about this person who I had chosen to bind myself to.

Greyson sensed my unease and maneuvered himself so that I was lying on his chest. I was amazed to feel his heart beating at the same time as mine as if there was only one heart between the two of us. "I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you" he said gruffly as if he was trying to hold back tears. 

Now it was my turn to comfort him. I took his large hands in my small ones and snuggled deeper into his chest to let him know that I wasn't afraid of him. "I know that you didn't mean to hurt me and look I'm fine now," I said soothingly. 

"That's the thing sweetheart," he said twisting one of my unruly curls around his finger. I twisted around to I could look at him as he spoke. "You died. We checked honey. You had no pulse".

I rolled my eyes "That's not possible. I'm here now so I couldn't have died".

He shook his head "We checked Brit. You were gone and it just about killed me. Just when Bastien and I were about to fight you got up, but it wasn't quite you". He trailed off clearly remembering what he had seen happen on that beach. I waited patiently for him to continue feeling confused. How could it be me and not be my and why didn't I remember this.
"Your hair and eyes were glowing silver-white that seemed to radiate from inside you. When you walked your feet didn't touch the ground, but weirdest of all when you spoke it didn't sound like you. I tried to get you to leave to run away from Bastien, but you tossed me to the side just using your mind. You said something about judging Bastien for his crimes and then you kissed his forehead. He died, but there was a glowing silver mark on his forehead. Then as you fell to the ground it sounded like you said With the first offering the end draws near. Then the light was gone and you were unconscious, but not dead. I've never heard of anything like it" Grayson said feebly.

I would have laughed at his outlandish tale if it wasn't for the haunted look in his eye. He believed that that was what he had seen happen on the beach. "Did you tell my dad what happened. He might have a reasonable explanation" I said trying to remain calm.

"I did" He sighed looking as exhausted as I felt, "He said he wasn't sure what that meant, but that he would try to do some research".

"I'm sorry if I hurt you," I said remembering how Olivia had mentioned that Greyson knew I hadn't meant to hurt him.

"Just a couple broken bones" he chuckled "I'm all healed up now and I've had far worse in the past".

"Still" I frowned unsettled "I wish I hadn't hurt you at all".

"If you think you feel bad think about how I must feel right now. I killed you all because I was in a pissing contest with the D-bag" Greyson squeezed me tightly as if he was afraid I might vanish if he didn't hold onto me tight enough.

I tilted my head up to look at his gorgeous face. With his high cheekbones, chiseled jawline, and aquiline nose he could have easily had any girl he wanted. It amazed me how despite our difference in size we fit perfectly together. Impulsively I brushed my lips against his before pulling away blushing furiously. I wasn't usually so bold with guys not that there had really been any in the past. 

Greyson cupped my chin gently with his large warm hands and a shiver ran down my spine as he gazed lovingly at me. He brought his mouth down to mine moving his lips slowly. I curled my toes every cell in my body alight with fire. I nipped his bottom lip gently with my teeth and he let out a low growl deepening the kiss pressing his body against mine.   

After a moment Greyson broke away from the kiss his breath ragged. I stuck my bottom lip out in a mock pout which as if he couldn't help himself he leaned back down biting it gently before cupping the side of my face with his hand. "God I love you," he said more to himself than to me.

A grin broke out across my face "Did you just say you loved me?" I teased happily as he turned red.

Shaking his head he laughed "Of course I do you, big dork". He gave me another kiss before getting up. "Now you need to get some well-deserved nourishment. What do you want to eat?".

"I don't know I'm not really that hungry" I yawned.

"Well tough luck you need to eat something then I promise I'll let you sleep ok?" he said and I reluctantly nodded. I knew there was no way I would win this argument so I figured I might as well quit while I was ahead.

Greyson came back with scrambled eggs, a muffin, and juice. I was surprised at how much I ate considering just moments before I hadn't been hungry at all, but as soon as I smelled the food I became ravenous.

Greyson watched me scarf down the food with a satisfied look on his face as if to say see I know you better than you know yourself. When I finished I laid back against the pillows full of food and love. "Ok Sweetheart you just shout if you need anything" Greyson kissed my cheek gently before turning to leave. 

"Greyson," I said softly my eyes droopy and half asleep.

"Yes honey" he smiled.

"I love you too" and with that, I drifted off to sleep.

But while I was expecting a peaceful dreamless sleep I guess my good luck had run out because that night I dreamed of Mason, the vampire prince...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note: Hey guys thanks so much for reading! Please vote and comment with thoughts, opinions, and ideas!