Grayson's P.O.V

I woke up naked in the forest. Frantically I looked around for Brittney and Bastien, but they were both gone. I punched the tree in frustration. That bastard had taken Britney and there hadn't been anything I could do about it. I ran back to the beach and found Pierre sitting talking to my father. I had told both of them about Brittney being my mate and they would know what to do.

"Sir," I said bowing respectfully to my alpha "Bastien's taken Brittney. I tried to stop him, but he was stronger than me," I said ashamed. What kind of alpha would I make if I couldn't even protect the girl I loved? Shamed I also added a piece of information I hadn't told anyone. "Bastien also believes that Brittney is his mate" I added. Bastien had told me at the previous tea to back off because Brittney was his mate. I hadn't realized that he actually believed it because I knew that Brittney was my mate. From the moment I had seen her, I'd been drawn to her like a moth to a flame.

"I'd hoped that this wouldn't happen," Pierre said putting a hand to his head.

"What are you talking about Pierre," my father said testily.

"Come with me I have something that you both should hear," Pierre said heading towards his car.

Once we were back in his study he began looking through the collection of books on his bookshelf. He pulled out an old ornate leather-bound book. "This is the history of our family. One of the most important well-kept secrets is that of our true-born females. Since there are so few of them it's been easy to keep it a secret, but it's something that you need to know" he sighed sitting down gesturing for us to do the same. "A true-born female of the Baudin line is always born with two mates. One light and one dark. Some of the more famous iterations of this include Helen, Menelaus, and Paris as well as Guinevere, Arthur, and Lancelot".

"So Bastien really is her mate," I said quietly.

"Yes, and we must get her back and away from Bastien at any cost. If they end up together we will be plunged into a new era of darkness. The last time a female Baudin chose the dark mate it plunged the world into the dark ages," Pierre said gravely.

"Well, then we have to go to Oregon. He probably took her back to his pack," I said ready to get my mate back from that bastard.

"No, we can't go. If Bastien sense that we're close we don't know what he'll do to her" Pierre frowned.

"What about one of the rogues?" My father suggested, "Then they wouldn't be able to track it back to us".

"I don't want my daughter in the hands of a rogue. You know how they are. Even if we paid someone when it came down to it they wouldn't be reliable if anything went wrong and we're only going to have one shot at this" Pierre growled.

"What about Brandon. He may be a rogue, but he is her brother. I've seen the way they are together I think he would do his best to get her home safely," I suggested.

"No, absolutely not. We have to handle this carefully," Pierre rubbed his chin gruffly. "I'm going to make some calls. I have some contacts in the Silver Blood pack. We first need to find out for sure whether he's keeping her there. Once we confirm that we can work on a plan to get her out."

I growled in frustration "I need to go for a run." I needed to get out of this house where the smelled like her and it was driving me crazy.

If they thought that I was just going to sit and stand by while that bastard was doing whatever he wanted with my girl. The only consolation that I had was that if she was also his mate hopefully he wouldn't hurt her, but I wouldn't put anything past that monster. I pulled out my phone and shot a text to Brandon telling him to meet me.

Regardless of what Pierre and my dad thought Brandon at the very least deserved to know what happened to his sister. I shifted and ran through the woods trying to get away from Brittney's scent, but it seemed to cling to my fur.