Just A Girl Standing In Fron Of A Boy

Brittney's P.O.V

    I felt the beautiful necklace around my neck and wondered if this was really happening. I felt as if I was in the sweetest dream and at any moment I might wake up to see Bastien lying right beside me. I snuggled closer to Greyson in the backseat of the car knowing that he would protect me from anything. I just hoped he wouldn't have to.

    Greyson wrapped his arms around me drawing me closer to him nuzzling my neck "You smell like moonlight and wildflowers he whispered in my ear sending shivers running down my spine. I liked the way Greyson smelled too. He smelled like fresh earth solid and dependable whereas Bastien had smelled like the air just before a storm moody and unpredictable. I shook my head forcefully I would not think of Bastien tonight. Not when I was in Greyson's arms.

    "Where are we going?" I asked eagerly as we rode out of the community to a destination He refused to disclose.

    "Patience kitten" he laughed. I winced at the nickname Bastien had used to call me. Greyson noticed my change in mood but didn't comment on it. I knew he was dying to found out every little thing that had happened to me while I was with Bastien, but I couldn't bring myself to talk with him about it, not yet anyway. Thankfully Greyson hadn't pushed the matter and I didn't think he would tonight.

    Eventually, we pulled up at a small boutique hotel on a small cliff overlooking the beach. Greyson helped me out of the car and I reached up to wipe my eyes. "This is beautiful" I whispered moved by the gesture. I had never had anyone do something so thoughtful for me and I was truly moved.

    "You deserve this and so much more," he said taking my hand in his leading me inside to the restaurant where there was a table already set up by the window for us. "My goal is to every day for the rest of my life show you how much you mean to me and to try and be a man worthy of your love and affection" he kissed my cheek and I thought I was going to melt then and there.

    "You've already done more for me than anyone ever has" I kissed him gently as a waiter came out with champagne and an appetizer.

    Dinner was a delightful affair where we just talked about our likes and dislikes and everything in between. It was so wonderful and for those two hours, I forgot about everything else. We weren't an alpha in training and a girl on the run from a psychotic Were. Instead, we were just a boy and a girl on their first date together.

    After dinner, Greyson literally swept me off my feet and carried me to the suite he had rented for the evening. "We don't have to do anything I just thought we'd want somewhere private when I marked you" he explained sheepishly and I kissed him on the cheek. This was perfect.

    "You know that you didn't have to do any of this," I said feeling slightly embarrassed that he had gone through all of this trouble for me.

    "I know, but I wanted to Brit" he kissed me on the forehead "For our kind, this is as serious as marriage. We're committing ourselves to each other for the rest of our lives. Sure we'll have a human marriage ceremony when we're older, but this is it for us. There will never be another for me".

    I nodded feeling slightly ashamed at my lack of knowledge of the Were community. I was neck-deep in this world and I still knew so little about it. "Hey, it's ok that you don't know everything. It's not how you were raised" Greyson took me in his arms somehow knowing exactly what to say.

    "You are so perfect" I whispered blushing at my boldness.

    " I'm not perfect" he laughed "Just perfect for you". He laid me down on the bed kissing me gently. I nipped his bottom lip and he chuckled deepening the kiss. I arched my back needing to be closer to him and I could feel the passion building inside him. His hands raked down my body my skin tingling where he touched me.

    He pulled away from the kiss for a moment looking at me as I lay gasping beneath him "You are so incredibly beautiful" he said before leaning back down pressing his lips against my neck. A shiver ran down my spine and I suppressed a moan as he worked his way down to the hollow where my neck met my shoulder. His teeth grazed my skin and I felt his Were fangs replace his human teeth. I held my breath as his fangs slowly punctured my neck. There was a moment of pain before blinding pleasure took over. I clung to Greyson as he released me after a moment. He kissed the mark with loving tenderness. He got up getting some gauze and medical tape gently bandaging the bloody wound.

I lay in the bed very still trying not to think about how different this was from when Bastien had marked me. Of course, the problem with trying not to think about something is that you end up thinking about it all the more. Every time I tried to focus on Greyson's sweet kisses but I could almost feel Bastiens rough hand. I curled up into a ball ashamed. I was damaged. I hoped being back here would make everything go back to the way it was. That being marked by Greyson would banish all memory of Bastien, but I was wrong.

Through the bond, I knew Greyson could feel my sorrow and I could sense how helpless he felt not being to help. He wrapped his strong arms around me and we lay together taking comfort in each others touch gently drifting off to sleep.

I woke up in a panic the next morning feeling an incredible rage and anguish through the bond. Startled I looked over to see Greyson sleeping peacefully and dread filled my stomach. I hadn't felt Bastiens emotions through the bond the past day because my own emotions had been so overwhelming they had momentarily blocked out Bastien. Now though I could feel his anger as if it was my own. I lay in bed clinging to Greyson hoping that his touch would calm me the way that it had last time, but it was no use. I just grew more and more agitated. When I noticed Greyson beginning to stir I kissed him on the forehead and decided that I needed to get out of the room and calm down before my foul mood woke up Greyson.

Quietly I got out of bed seething. I slipped on some leggings, boots and a ripped t-shirt before slipping out of the room. I was now royally pissed that after all that bastard had put me through he wasn't done ruining the best thing that had ever happened to me. I walked outside down to the beach hoping that the fresh air would help me block out some of Bastien's anger, but as I walked I realized that the anger now teeming within me was all my own. I had been a victim all my life running from those who wanted to ruin my life, but I was done being a victim and I was sure as hell done running. I had control over the freaking elements there was no way in hell I was going to let Bastien keep pushing me around. If it was a fight Bastien wanted it was a fight he was going to get. Bastien had wanted to toughen me up well it had worked and now he was in for the shock of his life. Last time I had fought Bastien outside that run-down gas station I had been a scared soft girl. Then I had witnessed Bastien kill someone in front of me and drag me back to his compound like I was nothing more than a piece of meat. After that he had forcibly bound himself to me and forced me to watch as he ordered people to fight to the death. And after all of that I had still almost fallen for his mind games, but I was hardened after what he had put me through. Wind howled around me reacting to my anger as if it was a physical force. After what I had seen and what I had been through I was a different girl and this time I wouldn't lose. The ground shook beneath my feet as I walked, the waves crashed violently against the shore, and the air heated up around me. I didn't know if the extra strength was from bonding with Greyson or whether I was had just finally gained more control over my abilities, but I didn't care.

Come and get me asshole I thought through the bond. When his anger pushed at me through the bond I pushed back with my own fury. If Bastien thought of me as a kitten well it was high time I showed him that this kitten had claws.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Thank you guys so much for reading! I hope everyone enjoyed the new chapter! Please vote and comment with what you think is going to happen ;) I was going to combine the big showdown with this chapter, but I thought Greyson and Brittney deserved a chapter all to themselves! Shoutouts to @GracieTb, @wtfidkanymore123, and @BrittneyLathan! And a super big shout out to @frasermagoo! Thank you guys so much for commenting and voting! As always if you want a chance at a shout out comment and vote! Thank you guys for all the support and love you have shown me and my book it really is a labor of love and I hope you like it as much as I do <3