~1~ Welcome to Paris

Your mind wanders as you stare out of the window of the airplane, thousands of feet in the sky. You knew soon you'd be arriving in Paris. You knew enough French to get by, but you weren't completely fluent. Time would help you adjust, and being surrounded by Parisians would get you accustomed to the language.

You were honored to have been chosen as the transfer student for Paris. Your school could choose one student to transfer in exchange for a student from Collège Françoise Dupont and they had chosen you. Miraculously your guardians agreed and got the money for the hefty fee so your apartment could be covered.

"Attention passengers, we will be landing in Paris shortly, buckle your seat belts and put all trays in their upright position." You did as the intercom said and sat there, waiting for the plane to land. Eventually the plane stopped and you could get off. You were pushed around by all the eager people ready to get off the plane just as much as you. You made it to the luggage return, got your bags and got out of the airport.

You had the address of your new apartment written on a note card, now to navigate the streets on your own. It took you a while to find it, following your phone on google maps. The house was in a back alley and was a bit tattered, the inside was quaint with a small kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom, all furnished by the school. You flopped on the provided bed, spending your first night alone.

🐞🐈🐞

The next morning you showered and put on one of your usual outfits and headed towards the school. You got there early and went to the principal to get your class. It took a while for him to find it but by the time he did and the time it took you to find your class you were late. You awkwardly stood in the doorway looking for an empty seat.

"What are you waiting for, an invitation?" A blonde girl in the front row laughed with the girl next to her. You shrunk into yourself a bit which made the two laugh more.

"Come on Chloe that's rude, how about the seat behind me?" A blond boy had scolded her and was now looking at you.

"Aw, thank you," you kept your gaze down and ushered to the seat he suggested. You sat next to a tan girl with auburn hair and green eyes.

"Hey girl, don't worry about Chloe and Sabrina, those two are mean to everyone even each other, well everyone but ladybug. Well my names Alya, you must be the transfer student." She held out her hand to shake and you accepted.

"Y-yeah, my name's (Y/N). You know about me?" You were taken aback, you were under the impression you would be a surprise.

"Only because your transfer was my best friend Marinette. She was my first friend when I was new last year so I'll be your first friend this year." What she said caught the attention of the two boys in front of us.

"Marinette's gone?" The boy in front of Alya had heard our conversation. He was a tan boy, his dark hair covered by a cap, and a pair of headphones around his neck.

"Yep, all the way in (H/C) (home country). This is her replacement (Y/N). And this is Nino and Adrien." The two boys waved at you, Adrien being the boy who had stood up for you a few moments earlier.

"Hey thanks for telling off that blonde earlier," you instinctively look towards Chloe, absorbed in her mirror, and Sabrina basking in her glory.

"no biggie, besides I'm the only one she'll listen to," Adrien sheepishly scratches the back of his head. His hair was blond, and his eyes were a deep shade of green that you'd never seen before.

"Okay class, quiet down let's get started." Adrien and Nino turned around and everyone started paying attention to the teacher.

Eventually school ended and I was walking out with Alya. "So do you live near the school?"

"Eh yeah, somewhat..." you look around trying to remember the direction to your house. You pull out your note card with your address on it as Alya looks over your shoulder.

"Oh that's on my way, I'll walk with you." Alya grabs your hand and leads the way for you. After she dragged you home you flopped onto your bed, 1 day down many more to go.