01

Sophia sighed as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand

Sophia sighed as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand. She gently swayed to the music that was playing from the dated boombox that was sitting in the corner of the shop.  She let out a sigh as a bell rang, signaling that a customer had just walked in. She brushed a strand of her dark brunette locks behind her ear as she turned around to face them, "What can I do for you?"

Sophia's eyes widened as she was immediately taken aback by the man in front of her. He was gorgeous. He had messy blonde hair, an athletic build, and striking eyes as blue as the ocean. She shook herself from her daze as he smiled so charmingly that it easily rivaled all of those princes in those animated movies. He stepped closer to the counter and leaned against it, "Hi."

Sophia gently smiled, her cheeks reddened, "Hi."

The man chuckled as he extended his hand out, "I'm Brian Spilner."

Sophia grinned as she shook his hand, "Sophia Toretto."

Brian's grin widened, "That's a pretty name for a pretty girl."

Sophia couldn't help but blush at his comment. She wasn't good with guys, that was Mia's thing not hers. She smiled nonetheless as she laughed lightly, "You flatter me."

Brian smiled in success as she asked him, "So, what can I get for you?"

"How's the tuna here?" Brian said as he made himself comfortable at the counter.

Sophia's eyebrow arched as she smirked, "The tuna here sucks."

Brian's grin only widened, "I'll take a tuna on white, no crust."

Sophia shook her head, "One tuna on white with no crust coming up."

Brian smiled as he watched her walk away and make his sandwich. He not so subtly checked her out as she faced away from him. He wasn't trying to be an ass, but she was easily the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen. His eyes moved back up to meet hers when she gently set the sandwich down in front of him. She softly smiled and looked away to let him eat in private. Her hazel eyes moved around the room until they settled on a magazine sitting next to Brian.

She knew these magazines, her older brother Dom read them. Brian finished his sandwich and looked up to see Sophia looking down at him with a smile on her face. She laughed lightly, "You're into cars?"

Brian looked over to see that she was looking at his magazine and was pointing to a Honda S2000. Brian looked up at her with a lopsided grin, "Yeah, I love them. What about you?"

Brian noticed her eyes light up, "Yeah, you could say that."

Both of their heads turned when they heard the revving of engines outside. Multiple cars pulled up in the lot as Brian turned back to Sophia. His eyes were trained on her as she ran a hand through her hair. She looked back down at him and smiled, "So how was it?"