09

The last hour had been an eventful time for the Toretto family

Letty and Leon had left to meet one of Dom's friends who owned a charter plane. They were leaving the country, and once Dom found Jesse he would follow too.

The oldest Toretto's both stepped out of the car tiredly. They hadn't spoken a word to one another since they left Brian in the desert. Sophia trudged up to the house in front of her brother.

"Oh my god!"

Her head snapped up to see her younger sister running out of the house towards them. She stopped in front of her older sister and Mia's face filled with worry when she noticed her older sister's appearance. She had bloodstains on her shirt, her hair was messy, and she had tear stains and smudged mascara on her face. Mia looked back at her older brother to see that he was walking to the garage. Mia stepped towards her big sister and wrapped her arms around her. Sophia hesitated at first but quickly gripped onto her younger sister.

They pulled away from one another and Mia softly smiled at Sophia,
"Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

Sophia smiled at her younger sister as they walked into the house. The two walked into the bathroom and Mia wet a washcloth and forced her older sister to sit on the toilet seat. Sophia softly smiled as Mia wiped all of the dirt and caked make up from her face. When she was finished she handed a brush to Sophia.

Mia cleared her throat,
"What the hell happened?"

Sophia kept her eyes on the ground,
"He lied Mia."

"Who? Brian?" Mia questioned.

Sophia looked up at Mia hesitantly,
"He's a cop."

Mia took a sharp breath,
"You're shitting me."

Sophia rolled her eyes,
"Mia language-"

Mia grew angrier,
"No bullshit! That motherfucker."

Mia continued to mumble incoherent things as Sophia spoke up,
"What's that?"

Mia shut her mouth and they heard shouting from outside the house. Sophia quickly stood up and ran to the front door,
"Mia, stay inside!"

Sophia ran outside of the house and immediately swore,
"You've got to be fucking joking."

Brian and Dom had guns pointed at one another as they were caught in a shouting match. She was absolutely done with all of this bullshit. She quickly made her way down the steps and towards the pair. She ignored her conscious telling her that this was a stupid idea as she stepped in between the two, right between the guns.

"Stop it!" She yelled as both of them went silent.

She huffed angrily,
"Why won't you two just stop this!"

Both of them kept their guns pointed as Brian growled,
"Put the gun down! I swear to god-"

Dom screamed in her ear as he stepped towards Brian,
"You are the cop! You're a cop!"

Sophia sighed, she really didn't want to be reminded of that event. Dom groaned,
"Brian, I gotta find Jesse before they do! I'm all the kids got."

She knew he was right, if Tran found Jesse before they did he was a dead man. Brian  cleared his throat,
"I'll call in the plates. PD will pick him up way before Johnny even gets near him."

Sophia turned towards Brian,
"A few cops won't stop them from killing Jesse, they could be care less."

Honestly, she could open his eyes to anything. He knew that she was right, but he couldn't let Dom potentially go out on a killing spree.

"Move your car." Dom growled as Sophia sighed annoyedly.

She turned to her older brother and glared,
"Stop it Dom! It's over! Please!"

Dom kept his eyes on Brian,
"Move Sophia."

All of their attention turned to the driveway when a car pulled up in front of the house. Sophia let out a sigh of relief as Jesse climbed out of the car,
"Dominic, I am so sorry! I don't know what I'm doing! I'm so scared right now! I don't know what's going on!"

Her heart nearly broke at Jesse's state, the poor kid didn't deserve this. Dom dropped the gun in his hands as he turned towards Jesse,
"Jess! What were you thinking, man?"

Jesse nervously moved about,
"I don't know! I panicked! I'm so sorry!"

Her head turned as she heard the roar of motorcycle engines. No, no, no. She saw Johnny and his cousin driving down the street and towards their house.
"Jesse!"

Before he realized what her words even meant the two men began to fire bullets at them. Brian pulled her down to the ground and shielded her with his body from the rain of bullets. She looked over and her heart stopped. The gunfire had ended, but not without a price.

"Jesse!" She screamed as she pushed herself away from Brian and ran towards the fallen figure on the ground.

She barely comprehended Mia's scream as she pulled Jesse's limp body into her arms. Dom looked down at his younger sisters as they grieved over their fallen friend. His head snapped towards the driveway when he saw Brian jump into his car and drive after the murderers. Dom ran towards his car as the younger Toretto's looked up. Mia was crying her eyes out as Sophia managed to compose herself in front of her younger sister.

"Dom! Dont!" She shouted as Dom got in their dad's charger

He drove off, the engine roaring as he did. She looked back down at Jesse. She shakily sighed as she closed his eyes with her fingers. She fell back onto her butt as She wrapped an arm around Mia's shoulder as she settled next to her sister. Mia cried into her older sister's shoulder, trying to make the pain more bearable. Sophia held her sister tightly.

She had to  be strong for her sister, she couldn't let her break.
Her family might have been destroyed, but she could be strong for Mia.
She would be strong for Mia.