19

"Sophia, it's time to wake up

"Sophia, it's time to wake up."

I groaned and snuggled deeper into his shoulder. His chest rumbled as he laughed and placed his hand on my knee.

"Soph, you gotta get up. We're almost there."

I groaned again and tiredly opened my eyes only for Brian to start laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him but smirked nonetheless at the semi-annoyed and humoured look on his face. I sat back in my seat and ran a hand through my hair as Brian looked back at the road.

"God you can be such a pain in the ass." Brian said as he drove out of the market and up a hill.

"But you love me anyways." I said smiling smugly at him.

He shook his head, still smiling,
"But I love you anyways."

I smiled and quickly leaned over and kissed his cheek before I fell back in my seat. Brian shook his head, grinning, as he continued to drive. We drove for a few more minutes before Brian came to a stop. I quickly opened my door and stepped out. I looked around to see that a few guys were sitting on the stairs holding guns. I tensed and discreetly placed a hand on my stomach. It had been three weeks since we had broken Dom out of the prison bus, and two months since I had found out I was pregnant.

I was brought back from my thoughts when Brian grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through mine. I let my hand drop from my stomach as I stepped closer to him. He walked in front of me as he led us up to where Vince supposedly was. We began to walk up the stairs and when we got halfway up when I heard the clicking of guns. I tightened my grip on Brian's hand when many men came from doorways holding guns. Brian stepped in front of me as the air grew tense.

"Let's get out of here." Brian said as he turned to go back down the steps.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!"

We both turned around at the voice.

"Mantenha o fogo! Ela está comigo!"
Hold your fire! She's with me!

I smiled at the familiar voice as I relaxed. Vince laughed as he came down the stairs towards us.

"Sophia." He said with a large smile.

I smiled in return as he picked me up in a bear hug,
"Vince."

He set me down and looked over at Brian. I bit my lip, please don't fight again.

"Buster." Vince said with a smirk.

I bit back a laugh at the old nickname. Brian smirked and nodded before Vince sighed,
"Come on."

Brian wrapped his arm around my waist as we followed Vince up to his house. Once all of the men with guns were gone Brian asked,
"Are Dom or Mia here yet?"

"Mia is inside. But no Dom."

I sighed,
"When was the last time you heard from him?"

"Um a couple weeks ago, up in Ecuador somewhere." Vince said as he put his gun back in his pants.

I frowned as I looked up at Brian, he looked down at me and squeezed my hip gently.

"How does it feel?" Vince asked.

"What's that?" Brian asked as VInce looked back at us.

"To be on the other side of a wanted poster." Vince said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes as I leaned my head on Brian's chest.

"Dom will be here. He will."

-

I stood in the kitchen with Mia and Vince's wife Rosa playing with her baby Nico. Mia laughed when I lifted Nico into the air and blew a raspberry on his stomach. He giggled as I bounced him causing me to smile.

"Hora de dormir um pouco." Rosa said as Mia and I frowned.
Time for bed little one.

I placed him on my hip and I smiled softly,
"Posso colocar ele para dormir?"
Can I put him to sleep?

Rosa nodded and I quickly turned and began to walk towards Nico's room. I passed the living room and stopped to look over at Brian and Vince. Brian looked at me in a way he never had before. I smiled at him before I continued walking to his room. I quickly placed Nico in the crib and tucked him in. I stood up and held a hand to my mouth,
"Excuse me."

I saw Rosa and Mia watch me as I hurried out of the room and towards the bathroom. I succumbed to the morning sickness as I kneeled in front of the toilet. I stood up and walked to the sink. I washed my hands and washed out my mouth with water.

"Ele sabe?"
Does he know?

I looked over to see Rosa standing in the doorway with a questioning look on her face. I frowned and shook my head. She nodded in understanding before turning around and walking towards Nico's room.I sighed before turning off the light and walking towards the kitchen. I rounded the corner to the kitchen to find that Vince, Mia, and Brian were all talking to one another. Mia smiled brightly at me as Brian looked up at me and smirked. I walked over and sat on Brian's lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I leaned back against his chest.

Vince looked back at the hallway to check Rosa was gone before he turned to us,
"So listen, there's a job comin up. I was hopin Dom was gonna be here by now but this ones clean enough we can do it without him."

Brian's arms tightened around my waist as he pulled me closer to him.

"It's a good gig. Couple of high end cars, easy targets. Just need a few willing bodies."

Brian brought his beer to his lips,
"I don't know."

"Ok, the way the car scene is down here- you unload 'me quick and make top dollar. It's easy money and it looks like you three could use the money."

I looked back at Brian as I placed my hand on his arm that was wrapped around my waist. He sighed but slightly nodded at me before I turned back to face Vince.

"We're in."

Vince smirked at my words and nodded. I bit your lip and took a deep breath,
"But Mia, you'll stay behind."

Mia turned towards me and narrowed her eyes,
"What do you mean?"

"You've never pulled a job with us before. I don't want to risk you getting hurt." I said softly to her.

She frowned but nodded nonetheless. Thank goodness I had such a wonderful sister.

-