15

I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I woke from my nap at the sound of someone talking

I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I woke from my nap at the sound of someone talking. I blinked a few times and looked out the windshield to see Brian talking on the phone. My face scrunched up in confusion as I opened my door and stepped out. Brian closed his phone and shoved it in his pocket as he turned around to face me.

"Hey. How you feeling?" He asked as I cracked my knuckles.

"Exhausted. The last time I was this tired I was helping Mia study for one of her finals and we were up all night. I wanted to die by the end of the night but she passed the test so who cares." I said with a small yawn.

Brian chuckled at my comment before asking a question,
"So preschool teacher huh?"

I smiled as I ran a hand through my hair,
"Tease all you want O'Conner. It makes good money plus I love kids so getting to work with them all day is nice."

He smiled but it quickly faded as he looked at something on the ground. I followed his gaze to see a trail of blood leading to the back of the car. I quickly turned on my heel and walked towards the rear of the car. Dom stood there staring at the shipment we had taken with us as blood dripped from the wound on his shoulder.

"So this is what sixty million dollars looks like." Dom said as he stared down at the case.

"Dom, we've got to get you to a doctor. Or at least find medical supplies so I can get the bullet out." I begged as my heart thudded.

"We gotta find a place to hide this first." Dom said pointing down at it.

Brian cleared his throat,
"I got a spot."

-

Brian parked the truck in the back of the impound lot and we all got out. I folded my arms across my chest,
"You know, you two are equally stupid in your own ways. But this- this is incredibly stupid. So stupid that we won't get caught."

Both boys chuckled at my words as Brian smirked,
"That's exactly the point. They'll never think to look here in their own lot."

I rolled my eyes as I walked between them as Brian said,
"You know, I've been thinkin. When you blew up your car back there, you blew up mine too."

I looked up at him in confusion as Dom said,
"Yeah, I did."

"Yeah, so now you owe me a ten-second car."

I immediately snorted at his word as I held my hand over my mouth to contain my laughter. Dom looked over at Brian as he smiled at him,
"Is that right?"