16

Surprisingly over the past few days, Dom seemingly forgave Brian for having Letty work for the FBI with him

Surprisingly over the past few days, Dom seemingly forgave Brian for having Letty work for the FBI with him. It all made sense now; why she worked odd hours, would disappear for days on end, and would be secretive with her phone calls. But now, we could make Braga pay for her death.

I stood next to Brian, hands shoved in my pockets as I waited for them to show up.

"Well, the good news is when we catch this guy, you walk out of here a free man." Brian said to Dom.

"Is that what they told you?" Dom asked, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, that's the deal."

"You still put milk and cookies out for Santa Claus?"

"Dom! Don't make me laugh we're supposed to be serious right now and you're not helping." I said as I smiled and held back my laugh.

"I don't know what you're talkin about Sophia, I'm just talkin with your boyfriend." Dom said and I felt my cheeks immediately heat up.

Before any of us could say anything else Braga's crew pulled up. I took a deep breath and collected myself as they all got out of their cars and walked towards us.

I saw Brian hold something out to Dom,
"Here, in case something goes shitty."

Dom took it from him and I noticed it was a key as Dom smirked,
"Just like old times?"

"Yeah."

I shifted on my feet a few times until I saw Fenix quickly walking towards us with a gun in his hand. I quickly and discreetly took a step closer to Brian as Fenix came closer.

"You forgot something mijo. That's what you wanted right!"Fenix yelled as Campos came over to him and stopped him.

"Dom." I warned as my heart thudded due to how quickly things were escalating.

Fenix kept yelling things in Spanish as he backed off and Campos walked towards us. Campos smirked,
"He's harmless don't worry about him."

Well that didn't comfort me at all.

"And he's really sorry about Letty."

I tensed at Campos words as I narrowed my eyes at him. Asshole.

"Where's our stuff?"

I looked up at Brian and he slightly nodded at me. I walked over to the cases and opened them up,
"You mean the stuff that used to be in here right? Well, you'll see it when we see Braga. That was the deal we made."