5. this new crew

It has been less than three month aboard this ship, the black panther. I though that the captain was scary, but his just a big softy. I got used to my job and I go Lucian's room near the start because he helps me quite a lot and we became very close. Many co-workers are nice, others mysterious. Bella helps me when the others makes to much ruckus and is normally really nice and in a good mood.

I also found out that me and Lucian have a lot in common, he is 20 and I'm 18, he ran away at the age of 18 too. He's more of a chatterbox and gets in trouble quite a lot whereas I am the kind of goodie two shoes that keeps quiet and read. He fights when this ship attacks others and I stay in the bottom deck.

I've been anxious for the last week because we are going back to my parents and I's old town, the port town of Adronel. What if I see them? What if the see me? What if they attack me? My head is filling up with questions.
Right now I'm sitting on a barrel petting Lascarina and reading a book.

"Hey Al, are you okay?" Oh, I know the only one who calls me that nickname, Lucian.
"Hey Lu, I'm fine thanks." By the face he's making, he doesn't. He knows me quite well and knows when I'm lying, works the other way too. I know when he is lying and how he feels.

"Tell me Al, what's wrong? You I don't normally act like this?" Lu asked me, with worry in his voice. I looked up at him, and looked back down sighing.
"We didn't meet here, but the thing is that I ran away from this place. My parents lives there." I could have started to cry because I was sacred but before I could, he hugged me. He knew that that would stop me from crying.

He let go of me, looked strait into my eyes and said.
"You don't need to worry, we are going in groups this time. We go in shops, get what's on the list captain will give us and that's it." I hugged him one more time and whispered "Thank you, hope we're in the same group too."

I got up, handed him Lascarina and waved him goodbye. On my way to my cabin, I passed Marko and other saying hi and other greetings. I share my cabin with Bella and another girl that I never met, all I know is that she's called Lillian and that she is a pretty big deal on the boat.

I dropped my book and put on my apron.
Back to work with this new crew.

Word count 466