8 .this new age

Yesterday I had Lucian help me with my job and Bella helped me after for the cake. It was a light blue with a big '21' written on it by me in the colour brown, the cake itself was a double decker one. One layer was chocolate and the other one was coffee. In the crew, not many people know there birth date, so they just put it on the first of January.

We asked the captain if we could borrow the free room for Lucian's birthday, happily, he accepted.
So, today is the day. Lucian is 21, at that moment he was working
On the top deck. Me and Marko were checking if everything was ready while Lascarina was going in and out the room.

When I was doing my job I didn't ask for Lucian's help until the very end. I asked him if he could drop a thing in the room we used. I followed him and when he opened the door he yelled, literally yelled,
"OH MY, THANK YOU GUYS!!!" And went to hug everybody, which consists of Bella, Marko, me and a few others who he was friends with. Lillian even gave him a 'happy birthday' card and a little present.

We ate the cake and talked all the way through and when the presents were being given to him, he over joyed. He took the cat on his laps and started petting her. His friends gave him some money, when Bella handed her present I had no idea what it was.
He took the box from her hands and unwrapped it. It was a small wooden box with a padlock and key, engraved in lid was written 'my little secrets' .

The funny part of that evening was when Marko gave his little sack to Lucian. Lascarina, who fell asleep, looked up and meowed. He took the collar out of the brown paper bag, the red and orange collar in his hand. Lascarina stood up, stretched, and sat up, waiting for her owner to put it on.

The collar was fitting perfectly and was the same colour of her fur. I was last, with my and Lillian's presents. He opened mine first, the chain glittering in the light. He looked at it smiling, then putting the necklace on no problem. The last present was in his his hands.

"So this one is from Lillian?" He asked looking towards me and Marko. We both nodded."Never knew she could be nice."
We chuckled at his comment. Him, opening it at the same time. He looked shocked, from the present to me. I gave him a confused expression.

"Did you go shopping together??" He asked me. I shook my head.
"At the same time, but no, not together." He took the present out of its paper bag and showed it to us.
I was shocked too, she bought a bracelet matching the necklace. A small silver chain with two pendents, a cat and a water droplet.

I smiled, knowing why she did that. She's my sister, and our presents are related. Lucian put it on his left wrist and stood up, gently dropping his cat on the floor."Thank you so much guys." he said while getting more cake.

"You mean a lot to me, all of you. We better go and sleep if we want to be able to work tomorrow. G'night."

Now he's 21. A new age, full of surprises.

Word count 575