t e n

Jughead straightened, his eyes widening in shock.

"Your brother? How?" He asked completely abandoning the calm facade he wore moments ago.

"His adoptive mother called me." I replied, watching his reaction carefully.

"Adoptive?" He asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

"When I was emancipated he was put into foster care," I replied, begging the tears that were pooling in the eyes not to fall.

Jughead sat back in his seat, licking his lips before leaning forward again. I could practically see the thoughts rushing through his head.

"Why didn't you tell me?" When he spoke it was quiet, his tone hushed as if he were worried someone would over hear and it was laced with hurt.

"I was scared, I suppose. I just wanted to go see him by myself first." I began, my eyebrows raised; nerves were still electrifying my body despite his calm reaction.

"Lola please. Be honest with me, I've never lied to you but all you've done is lie to me since you got here," he insisted, a mixture of hurt and confusion painted across his features.

I nodded sucking in a deep breath before grabbing his hands that were lying on the table, "I didn't want to stir up anything with you about your mother and sister."

He dropped his gaze; looking at our intertwined fingers rather than my pleading eyes.

He pulled away his hands after a moment looking up at me, "I forgive you."