t h i r t e e n

After plenty of reassuring I had managed to calm Archie down, all the while Jughead stood behind me, a half smile painted on his face.

Now we sat in the kitchen, a mug of tea in my cold hands and a matching mug of coffee in Jughead's.

"Do you think I can use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE?" Jughead joked, placing the coffee mug down on the counter.

"Sorry Coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull-ups," I swatted his arm but couldn't hide the smile that crept into my face.

"Don't joke about Jason Blossom." Archie reprimanded, his eyebrows drawn together.

"What? Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world." Jughead shrugged, finishing his coffee before placing the mug in the sink.

Archie's eyes were carefully trained on us, flicking between myself and Jughead as if he were trying to figure something out, "so I guess you two are back together?" He asked bluntly.I raised my mug to my lips quickly attempting to mask any emotions that might've flicked across my face.

"Yes," Jughead stated plainly, seemingly unfazed by the question.

They left for Riverdale High soon after, and I'd forgotten how terrible being alone in this apartment was.