Fourteen- Things to include in a perfect date

Eating my cereal right now would probably be the most boring thing I do all day. I was extremely excited for tonight- the date with Zayn, the picnic, the late night movie, and whatever came afterwards… if you get what I mean.
I had a list of things to do today, and the things on that list included getting a few things to put in the picnic basket, renting a movie, bringing down some blankets from my apartment, and the one thing I was most looking forward to- head down to Melbourne Central and by myself a new evening dress. I wanted to look especially nice tonight, and I had the perfect dress in mind. I was super super excited.

I headed into my bedroom and opened the blinds, taking a quick look down at the road- nothing was out of the ordinary- so I made my bed and cleaned my room so it was at least presentable.
Since I’d be heading out at about 10, and it was already 9:30, I slipped needed to slip into something light. I rummage through my dresser draws but find nothing; so I’d have to find something in my wardrobe of mystery. It was like any other wardrobe, except for the mystery part, which I say instead of calling it ‘my wardrobe of messiness.’
I step into my wardrobe (which is barely possible) and I try to pull a few things out, but instead of pulling a few things, I pull several items, each attached to the other. In the pile I’d now made on the floor, I pulled out a knee-length purple dress, which I assumed still fit, so I throw the rest of the pile into my wardrobe, never to be seen again.

After dressing myself nicely and doing my hair and make-up, I marched out into the kitchen and collected $300 from the money jar. It was probably a bit too much, but I just wanted to be on the safe side. I shove it in my clutch with my phone and keys. I skilfully open the cupboard underneath me and take out the empty picnic basket, which is basically reminding me how much fun we’re going to have. I go to leave, but I then realize I hadn’t heard from Monique all morning. I try to stay completely silent, but I end up laughing after hearing a muffled snoring from her room. I unlocked the door and closed it behind me, marking the start of a very exciting day.

First stop- Coles. I knew roughly what I had to get, but instead, I strolled up in down the aisles, picking things that would go nicely in a picnic basket. My collection of food and drink consisted mainly of chicken and bread (chicken sandwiches, yay!) lemonade, watermelon and various fruits, water and eating utensils. I decided I had enough there for the picnic, so I grabbed some microwave popcorn, orange juice, jam, butter, and ice cream, so that we’d have a few other foods, and wouldn’t starve.

Once I was happy with the collection of food I’d bought, I put them all in the boot of Monique’s car (did I mention, I’m kind of illegally driving it again) and I drove to the nearest video store, which was around the corner from Melbourne central. I got out of the car to see JB-HIFI covered in Up All Night posters and advertisements for an upcoming concert, the day before they leave for Adelaide. A few girls stood outside the shop obsessing over the poster in the window, and from my point of view, I think they were making out with the glass. Ew.

I chuckle to myself as I walk over to the window and read the information on little cards out the front. They had more merchandise than I’d ever imagined, and to be honest, I was a little freaked out that people actually bought all of it. I walk inside and have a look at the row of dolls, and I spot the little Zayn doll- although the only thing that resembled Zayn was his Varsity jacket, I decided to buy it anyways, just as a little reminder.
‘Do you think Louis has kissed Harry?’ I overhear a few 14 year olds in front of me. I smirk, thinking back to the other morning with Louis, Harry and Niall.
‘I don’t know, what about Zayn? Is he secretly gay with Liam?’ another girl says, and if I had drink in my mouth, I would be outrageously spitting it out. The girls all giggle and continue in their conversation- I wish I could’ve gone and told them that Louis drags Harry into his ‘rape dungeon’, but I think that would be a bit inappropriate.