Twenty Nine- Niall's P.O.V.

*Niall’s POV*

‘SURPRISE!’ The phone crackles, making me smile. Everything falls silent and I can hear loud footsteps, most likely Lily’s running, and a small thank you. A louder voice near the phone on the other end speaks loudly, guiding Lily over to the phone, and I recognise the voice being Violet’s. Grinning and holding the phone to my ear, I hear Lily whisper to Violet. I hear my name murmured by one of the two and all of a sudden Lily’s voice booms through the phone clearly.
‘Hey babe.’ She sobs.
‘Happy almost-birthday beautiful.’ I say softly, almost cooing.
‘I wish you could be here to spend my birthday with me…’ Lily sighs, obviously sort of aware of the other 700 people listening to her.
‘That’s alright; I’ll be there in spirit, sweetheart. Have fun tonight, I love you!’ I reply, listening to the ‘awh’ coming from Violet.
‘I love you too baby. Bye!’ I hang up and place my phone back on the table, turning back to the party of our own. I walk back through the door of the soundproof booth into the massive club. We’d finally reached Adelaide and my cousin’s friend was hosting a party just for us, in a local club. Let me tell you- the atmosphere was amazing. The club’s music was on full blast, making the floor vibrate and the drinks jump in their cups. A mixture of girls and guys grinded on the dance floor to the upbeat music, and seeing Zayn, Harry and Louis all getting drunk with the crowd wasn’t the best sight. Liam had stayed home for a twitcam with fans- and as much as I wanted to stay behind with him, I felt as though I needed to just loosen up.

I take a drink from the table and slowly take sips, trying to take things slowly tonight. That plan doesn’t really work out for me. By the time I reach the dance floor I’d had almost 4 bottles of beer and 6 vodka shots, and my head was starting to spin. I was never really one to hold my liquor.
I stumble over to a young girl wearing next-to-nothing who was currently dancing by herself. Upon seeing me her face lights up in amusement and she starts to dance next to me, grinding up against my back. My thought’s that were once buzzing in my head was drowned by the roar of the speakers and the electrical current and the atmosphere in the club. I feel my hands on the girl’s hips as her thighs rub up against mine. I don’t remember what I’m doing here, but if I can’t remember that, then I must be here to have a good time.

All of a sudden, everything turns blurry as I’m pulled away from the young girl. An older looking brunette with delicate blonde ringlets pulls me to the side and starts to dance with me, looking more determined than excited or happy. Her face looked familiar but that could be the alcohol talking. Her dark red lips held a smirk, making her green eyes sparkle. She was pretty; I had to give her that. Her short black dress reached the middle of her thigh and her heels were extremely high. I wasn’t sure what to think of her.
‘What’s your name, babe?’ I shouted over the music, straining to hear her response.
‘Ella!’ She shouts back, slinging her arms over my shoulders. ‘Do you want a drink?’ She shouts.
‘Okay, sure!’ I reply without thinking, oblivious to the fact I probably couldn’t even get anymore drunk than this. The bass of the music makes the floor thump and everyone starts to jump, and the DJ on the raised stage starts to shout. Ella pushes her way through the crowd back to me and hands me another drink, and I quickly skull it down as does Ella, and my throat burns.
‘Let’s go back to my place!’ She winks, pulling my hand and leading me to the exit. The alcohol tells me to just go with the flow, so I let her drag me back.

We hop in a grey car that was parked just across the road from the club and she drives smoothly home, but even looking out the window gives me the urge to throw up. How she wasn’t drunk and still driving beats me.
As we get out she takes my hand, locking the car door and dragging me into her little flat. She unlocks the doors and pushes me inside, turning the lights on. They flick on to reveal a small hallway, and before I get to explore further, Ella pushes me into a small room slightly down the hallway to the left. The lights flicker on to reveal a small bedroom, and I immediately plop myself onto the bed. Ella smiles to herself and nods, taking her heels off- making her a few inches shorter.
‘You ready sexy?’ She smirks from the corner of the room. I eagerly nod in response, ripping my shirt off. She nods back and flicks a camera on, and a red light flashes on. Ella makes her way over to the bed and hands me another beer from in the small bar fridge in the middle of the room. I take it and take a small sip from it before settling Ella on the edge of the bed.
That’s when the alcohol takes over and everything becomes a blur.

------------------------

‘You awake Nialler?’ A sweet voice cooed beside me. Without opening my eyes I nod, trying to smile, but my head protests. It throbs violently and I have a sick taste in my mouth, obviously from last night. Too much to drink? I think yes. I open my mouth to speak but my tongue is dry and I find myself unable to say anything, so I close my mouth and not say anything.
‘Do you want breakfast before I go?’ The voice whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine from her warm breath.
‘Mhmm.’ I mumble. ‘Go where?’
‘Up to Melbourne, silly!’ She says as if I already knew. I feel my eyebrows knit together.
‘Oh, Melbourne! I have a girlfriend that lives there!’ I smile, thinking of Lily.
SHIT. GIRLFRIEND.
‘Oh fuck.’ I mutter and sit up quickly, causing all the fluid in my head to rush backwards. I open my stiff eyes to see a blonde girl sitting beside me, barely anything on. I recall her name being Ella, only because I recall screaming her name last night. Wait, why would I scream her name? Oh god no…

It takes me a few moments to remember some of the events last night. I recall small details such as sitting in bed and twirling strands of her hair, or getting up to be sick in the bathroom numerous times, but a loud bell sound rings in my head signalling I really shouldn’t be thinking with this headache. I glance over at Ella who still seems oddly familiar, but for now, I couldn’t think about it.
‘Can I have some medicine? I don’t care what, anything to make this headache go away.’ I stutter, closing my eyes. I glance over at Ella who nods and gets up, giving me a smirk as she leaves the room. Speaking of room, I quickly scan it. Nothing much seems to be out of place, and there were no signs of what happened last night. Maybe all we did was talk? My clothes were still partly on, so I was hoping for the best. My fears and suspicions outweighed my hopes though, and a wave of realisation hit me. Shit.

Ella strolls back into the room with a glass of water and two tablets in hand, and sets them down on the bedside table. I thank her and immediately gulp down the water with the tablets, making my head throb erratically again. I sway back and forth a few times before Ella stands up off the bed, when I realize she’s fully dressed. She gathers a few items from her bedside table and stuffs them into a miniature suitcase before handing me a note. I open it but with the constant throbbing in my head it makes it hard to read.
‘This isn’t my place. Feel free to lounge around, but you’ll have to be out by 4. I won’t be back in Adelaide for a few days. I don’t even live in Adelaide. I work here sometimes.’ She sighs, slipping sunglasses onto her small nose. ‘If everything goes to plan, I may see you back in Melbourne!’ She smiles, leaving questions for me to answer myself. She takes the camera sitting on the dresser in the corner of the room and shuts the door behind herself.
Plan? Back in Melbourne? Why was she leaving? Nothing really made sense- then again, nothing did, I’m hung-over.

A while after sitting and taking deep breaths, my stomach starts to tell me it’s hungry so I get up and get some food. Although the place wasn’t familiar, I seem to have no problem strolling through it and collecting whatever the hell I want- you kind of get used to it after staying at numerous hotels week after week. I stroll into the kitchen and serve myself some cocopops, which were conveniently sitting on the counter already. After ridding the horrid taste in my mouth I clean my teeth with a new toothbrush from a new packet I found in the bathroom. Collecting my stuff and neatening the bedroom, I text Paul to come pick me up from the address that my iPhone indicated. I wait out the front of the house after locking it and see the familiar car drive up the driveway, so I slip my glasses over my eyes and slump into the passenger seat next to Paul.

‘Rough night buddy?’ Paul asks, turning around to reverse.
‘Like you wouldn’t believe.’ I mutter, rubbing my temples. My eyelids felt as though they were made of iron. My hair was greasy and I felt horrible. Gah.
‘Lily dumped you?’ Paul suggests, but you could see he automatically regrets it. ‘Sorry, that’s personal.’ He mutters.
‘No, that’s the thing- I don’t even know what happened last night.’ I groan as we go over a bump. Paul shrugs and shakes his head. I felt sorry for the lad; he had to put up with me and the boys almost 24/7. The rest of the car ride remains completely silent until we pull up outside the all-too-familiar hotel and I hop out, waving goodbye to Paul. He salutes me and drives off to who knows where. I know Harry and Louis and Zayn will all be trashed, but not trashed enough to bring a girl home. None of them are that stupid. They all have girlfriends.
As for Liam, I know I’d first get a strict telling off and then a lecture. I know they’d all look down on me for what I think I did last night. I was intent on not letting Lily find out.
As for the boys, we’re now going to see what they say.