Twenty Eight- Happy birthday

“Speak to you soon, okay, much love, and bye!” I chatted into my phone to a very happy Zayn on the other end. I was dressed in my work uniform once again, and I was pumped and ready for work. Obviously now that the word was out that I was Zayn’s girlfriend things were much different. People asked me for photos and autographs or even to follow them on twitter- it was quite different. Rosalie had found out and did a private investigation last time I’d turned up for work. People would come in and see me and think it was absolutely crazy that I worked here and not off Zayn’s money- which is completely stupid because I can barely let him pay for dinner let alone let me use all his money for my personal use.

Lily had recently started at her new job as a gym instructor at the gym on the top floor of our apartment building. It was a good idea I had to admit, and she got paid well, she was good at the job, so I guess she was where she wanted to be. She had also been mauled by One Direction fans in the streets, so I guess I wasn’t alone. I’d seen articles of Monique being swamped in L.A. by eager fans so she was obviously enjoying the attention. It’s a bit weird to be deemed ‘known all over the world’. Thing is, I’m not famous for who I am, I’m famous for being Zayn Malik’s girlfriend. Even then, I’m barely famous- just known by 1D fans- logic.

In other news, I was excited for tonight. It had been a mere week and 2 days since the boys had left us and surprisingly, Lily and I were coping well. From the sounds of it, Monique was coping well too. Tonight was Lily’s surprise birthday party and with her birthday being in a week, we had to celebrate somehow. She was going out to see her parents on her actual birthday so we couldn’t celebrate then, and being Saturday it seemed like a good idea to hold it tonight. We booked the formal events room in the apartment building linked to ours which could hold over 1,000 people- but tonight we were having an estimated 700. It was funny to think that we actually know 700 people- but with all of mine and her contacts together plus a few guests, it all added up to 700. We had organised catering and everything, (we being Niall before he left and myself) all behind Lily’s back. I was positive this whole party was going to be a smash.

‘See you, Violet!’ Lily chirped, snapping me out of my daydreams. Automatically a smile spreads across my face as I sling my bag over my shoulder and wave goodbye to Lily. She smiled in response and opened the door, stepping out and leaning it open for me. With my eyes still barely open despite being awake for hours, and my backpack full of useless items I wouldn’t even need on my shift, I close the door behind myself, preparing for three hours of restlessly sitting behind the counter waiting until I can break free and continue setting up Lily’s party. I trudge noisily down the stairs and to the bottom where I stroll carelessly into work, taking a seat near Rosalie.
‘So, Mrs Malik!’ Rosalie squeaks, biting into her lip. I roll my eyes and take out my phone, attempting to read some of the new tweets 1D fans have sent me.
‘I’m not Mrs Malik, I’m just his girlfriend.’ I snap. Her mood doesn’t change and it almost pisses me off. ‘Nothing at all against you Rosalie, but I can’t get you to meet the boys, make them follow you on twitter, or anything really. You’ve met them once before and even then you secretly knew what was going on, so I think right now enough is enough.’ I state.

Rosalie nods yet doesn’t back down- she obviously wants something badly.

‘Rosalie, what is it?’ I sigh, my lips forming a hard line. She smiles (to herself of to me, I’m not sure) and looks down at the ground before putting on a hard face and looking back up.
‘I want you to get me with Harry. Please?’ She begs, trying but failing at a puppy dog face. This is one of those times that if you were drinking something, it would be spat all over the other person in shock or surprise.
‘Are you a nutcase?! HARRY HAS A GIRLFRIEND WHO HAPPENS TO BE MY BEST FRIEND!’ I shout, causing one of the older ladies in the shop to give us an odd look. Rosalie blushes and remains there, looking the same as if I hadn’t just shouted.
‘No shit, Sherlock. Even a one night stand. I want to see how-‘ I cut her off unexpectedly.
‘Rosalie, the answer is no. You even try anything and I will see to it that you never see him again. You’re even lucky you’re coming tonight!’ I say in an almost monotone voice. The thought buzzes in my head- TONIGHT! Yay! It’ll be so much fun! Okay Violet, focus.