Twenty Four- Staring out at the crowd

‘The next best thing?’ I question. 

‘Yep.’ Zayn grinned, popping the p. I looked at the whole rack of clothes, spying a few expensive labels. I gasp at Zayn, unsure of why there were so many expensive clothes on the rack.
‘You and the girls are going to be joining us on stage!’ Zayn bites his lip, excitement in his eye.
‘No- no way, imagine the hate we’d get. They don’t even know that we’re going out yet!’ I squeak, glancing over at the rack and then back at Zayn.
‘We’ve already rehearsed it without you, you’re coming on whether you like it or not.’ He takes my hand leads me over to the rack. Zayn quietly exits the room, shutting the door. Well, might as well cooperate now I’ve been shut in a room with expensive clothing.

I browse through the clothing, picking out different things in my size. Everything on the rack was absolutely stunning. I bet all this costed beyond the amount of money I’d ever make.
I pull out a nice purple dress, similar to fire dress that Katniss wore for the interview in The Hunger Games, except it was a similar purple to the jeans I was wearing. I smile and quickly try it on, looking in the mirror. It suited my body shape perfectly, it was an extremely nice material, and it was absolutely beautiful. It made me look absolutely beautiful. I feel a smile creep across my face and I decide that this would be the dress I wore.
I pick a pair of silver sparkling heels similar to my vans and a few silver accessories, and I decide I was ready.

There was a knock at the door a few seconds later, followed by a shout.
‘It’s Lou, can I come in?’ Lou hollers through the door. I’d met Lou a few times briefly, she was the boys’ stylist, and she had the most adorable baby on the planet.
‘Sure, come in Lou!’ I shout back, fixing my dress in the mirror. Lou strolls into the room with a make-up kit and a few hair products.
‘Zayn told me to come and make you up!’ She smiles, beckoning to the small seat in front of the bench and mirror. I sit down and look back at her, and she glances at my hair.
‘Curls?’ She asks, playing with a lock of my hair. I nod and grin, taking my hair out of the ponytail. She flashes me a smile and starts to style my hair, excited and full of ideas.

Only a short amount of time later, I had my hair in ringlets, sitting just below my shoulders. She takes out a small case of purple eye shadow and some lip gloss, plus a whole range of different bits of make-up I’d never even seen before. She works on my make-up for a good 10 minutes before she spun me around, and I observed the girl in the mirror. She looked like me, but the girl in the mirror looked absolutely perfect. I stood up and did a twirl as if I was Katniss, but I wasn’t in a movie, and I would be in front of thousands and thousands of girls.
‘Lou, I look amazing. Thank you so much.’ I hug her, and she shakes her head slightly.
‘It’s my pleasure. Have fun out there.’ She winks before shuffling out of the room. I follow behind her just as Lily exits her room, heading for the room I was in.

‘Hey Violet I- HOLY CRAP.’ Her eyes widen upon seeing me. I feel myself blush, but you probably couldn’t tell, because of the blush I was already wearing.
‘You’ll look like this soon, if you’re going into that room.’ I point to the door. She nods, her mouth still hanging open.
‘Stop that, you’ll catch flies!’ I giggle, and she shakes her head and escapes into the room, shutting the door behind her. The hallways had cleared from the boys so I guessed they were all in the room we were in before. The door was left wide open, so I couldn’t really use the element of surprise. I walk into the room with my head down, my ringlets covering my face. I heard a shuffle and I look up. Everyone but Danielle and Eleanor was staring at me, as the girls they were getting their make-up and hair done by two unfamiliar stylists.

‘Th- Bu- Ch- Uh… Wow.’ Zayn stutters, standing up. I feel my cheeks heat up once again. Monique has a half smile-half gasp on her face, and she grins as I move towards her.
‘Oh my freaking god. I love the dress. I love everything. Just wow.’ She grins, inspecting the dress. I do a spin with my heels, causing the bottom of the dress to lift slightly. Wow, this really was a Katniss dress- but where was the fire!?
Monique heads out the door and into the room where Lily was, probably to get her dress on. I sit in her spot on the couch and Zayn slings his arm around my waist. The boys continue their conversation on tonight’s show, getting excited.
‘Violet! Are you as excited as I am?’ Danielle calls, and I walk over to where she sits. She’s wearing a pink-peach dress, shorter than mine but it was a similar material. It had small white flowers scattered here and there and her curls were straitened and her hair sat just on her shoulders, her make-up also perfect. She looked beautiful, as usual. Eleanor didn’t have much make-up but still had enough to make her face light up. Her hair was tied up similar to Monique’s was originally, and she wore a dark blue knee-length dress. The colour really suited her, highlighting her eyes. Both girls smile and me and I grin back, observing how gorgeous they both looked.