Thirty Two- Let's fly away

‘I reckon it’s the priest!’ Lily indulges in some more chocolate while I sit there sipping on my water, too scared to even move. We were watching some kind of sick horror movie and Lily kept making bets on who the serial killer was, making the movie even scarier. As the dramatic music plays and the suspense builds, my phone which was across the room starts to ring.

‘Leave it.’ Lily says mindlessly, glued to the screen.
‘No, it’s Monique’s ringtone!’ I holler as I jump from the couch and Lily pauses the movie. I grab the phone quickly and as I push answer, I put it on loudspeaker and sit next to Lily again on the couch. I hear a sniff through the line and I don’t think much about it until Monique’s voice cracks.
‘Hello?’ She whimpers, sobbing.
‘Monique! What’s wrong?!’ Lily and I chorus at the same time. I hear another whimper and I realize Monique was pretty torn up about whatever it was.
‘I have some news.’ She sobs, trying to sound clearer. By the way she spoke, it sounded like she had been crying for hours, at least. 

‘We’re listening, baby.’ Lily coos, basically stroking the phone. I swat her hand away, listening to Monique.
‘Well I was on the plane to Cali when I started to throw up, right? So I just thought it was motion sickness and ignored it. But even once I’d landed I’d get all flustered and hot, plus I was nauseous for a while. I still am…’ She trails off, hesitating.
‘You haven’t got the flu or a virus or anything, have you? Is it serious?’ I bite my lip, the suspense in the movie had gotten me all dramatic and such.
‘Right now I wish I did have one… but anyway, a recent friend of mine suggested I go and see a doctor, they suggested a few things…’ She exhales deeply before starting again, her voice shaky and fragile. ‘He told me to go and get a pregnancy test.’ She started to sob, and there was nothing I wanted more than just hold her and make her feel as though everything was alright.
‘It came back positive. Lily, Violet- I’m pregnant with Harry Styles’ baby.’ She starts to scream into a pillow or something, as her scream is muffled. My first reaction is to whimper. Lily sits across from me, as shocked as I am, and we sit in silence. One of Monique’s friends in the background comforts her as she cries, but Lily and I stay shell-shocked.

‘D-D-Does Harry k-know?’ Lily stutters, trying to stay calm herself.
‘No!’ Monique screams, sobbing violently. I tried to speak but I couldn’t even force the words out of my mouth. All that came out were a few weird sounds.
‘I-E-R-C-A…. Um… Oh god.’ I blink hard, trying to wake up. I think I was more shocked about this than Monique was. She seemed more shaken than shocked, and she definitely was torn about it.
‘Don’t worry love, Harry won’t hate you!’ Lily says, and I shake myself back to reality, realizing I was out for a good 30 seconds or so.
‘YES HE WILL! HE’LL BREAK UP WITH ME AND DUMP MY SORRY ASS IT’LL RUIN HIS CAREER!’ She screams, not calming down at all. I suddenly take the phone and hold it close to my face, and the next speech basically slips from my mouth without a thought.

‘Monique, Lily and I will buy the next plane tickets available and come over there. I don’t care, we’re coming over. We’ll help you tell Harry, unless you want to do it right after this, but you may want some time to calm down. Harry isn’t like that. You of all people know that. Harry would never reject you or the baby. If he does he won’t be able to make another one, you hear me? I know he won’t though, so I can put my scissors away. Monique, we’ll see you soon.’ I take a deep breath and jump up from the couch, and Lily sits there stunned. Monique sniffs and says something to Lily as I march off into my bedroom and switch the light on. I take my suitcase from deep in the wardrobe and I throw it onto my bed, and I immediately start to throw clothes and random items in. A few minutes later, Lily follows me in, and watches me pack.
‘I’ll order the tickets.’ She states and rushes back to her room, and I continue to pack my bag. After about five minutes of whizzing around my room, Lily returns with a document.
‘4am. We have 6 hours.’ She smiles, pinning the documents to my corkboard behind my door. I nod and continue to fill my suitcase, and after a short amount of time, the suitcase is nearly full and I can tell this will last me for at least a week. I take all my savings from my bank (Exactly $8,091) and I put it in a large bag with my toiletries. I set out an outfit for the airport and lay my suitcase on the ground, only now realizing I’m actually going to L.A.