FOUR~Aurora

There was a knock on the door and Samuel and I scrambled to our feet just as mum pushed the door open.

"Ah, Samuel, you're here as well. That just makes things easier," she smiled and turned her head to call dad before coming into the room.

Dad came in shortly after and told us to sit down. His hand wrapped around mum's waist as he pulled her close.

"You two have dates tomorrow!" Mum squealed clapping her hands together.

I rolled my eyes and flopped back on my bed.

"Aurora, dear, what's wrong?" She asked pouting slightly.

"Nothing, let me guess, we have dates with the twins. The most perfect beings in the world. And we have the opposite genders for our dates despite the fact we're both gay."

"Aurora," she began.

"It's fine I get it," I sighed. "You don't mind our friends knowing, you yourselves don't actually care but if god forbid anyone from your generation finds out they'll cast out our whole family."

Dad's arm moved from mum's waist and he folded them.

"Aurora, I don't know where you get these ideas," dad said.

"Then tell me it's not true," I said standing up.

Mum opened her mouth to speak and dad uncrossed his arms, but nothing was said.

"I thought so."

"Aurora we love you and Samuel very much but for this once could you just pretend for us. It's just a one-time thing and if you don't like them then you don't have to see them ever again," she said, her eyes soft and pleading.

I shook my head, screwing up my face, "I hate you."

I stormed out of the room.