SEVEN~Ellis

She was breathtaking. Her dark brown hair hung around her shoulders and dark freckles dotted her nose. And her eyes, which I only saw for a moment, were the deepest blue.

I stumbled back slightly stepping on Lee's foot. He grunted shoving me off of him.

"Sorry," I murmured as I regained my balance.

"I think that's them," he nodded his head towards the brown haired girl and the boy sat across from her. "Shall we go over?"

I nodded and he stepped out in front tugging me along after.

"Hey," he said pausing as we neared their table. "You're the Blakes right?!"

"Yeah," she muttered standing up and gesturing to the seats beside and in front of her.

"I'm Lee Smith and this is my sister Ellis," he said pointing to me.

I adverted my gaze from hers and held my hand up timidly to wave.

"Oh," she said clearly fumbling over what to say but then shook her head as if to clear any thoughts. "I'm Rory and this is Sammy...."

There was movement under the table and she cleared her throat, "Sorry, Samuel."

"Well it's nice to meet you," Lee said taking a seat across from Samuel and nudging me to do the same.

I sat down in front of Rory and fiddled with my hands in my lap.

"I'll order," Samuel said pushing his chair away from the table and standing up. "I'm guessing coffee for everyone?!"

We all nodded and he went off to join the back of the line.

"So you two are artists?!" Rory placed her hands on the table and locked eyes with me as I looked up.

She glanced away briefly, stuttering, "My-my mum said you two p-paint a lot."

Lee stifled a chuckle beside me as my cheeks grew warm.

"I'm the painter, Lee just sketches mostly."

She turned to look at Lee, "What kind of stuff do you sketch?"

"Seagulls most of the time, but animals in general."

"Cool," she smiled before turning back to me. "And what do you paint?"

"The sea," I strained my neck to see how far Samuel was from the front of the line, he was still right at the back.

Her eyebrows scrunched up and she set her hands back in her lap, "Oh, so I guess you go there a lot?!"

"Yeah."
She screwed her eyes shut and she nodded slowly, speaking through her clenched teeth, "That's cool."

"What about you? What do you like doing?" I leant forward on the table.

Her jaw muscles relaxed and she blinked at me, "W-well, I like writing. Stories mostly. But sometimes. I write poems."

She beamed.

"That's amazing."

Lee tapped the table and cleared his throat, "Sorry Rory but could I borrow my sister for a second?"

She nodded silently.

Lee stood up and I followed him to the back of the shop.

"What are you doing?!" He leant back against the bathroom door.

"I was just having a conversation with Rory," I said pushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"She's flirting with you," I turned back to look at Rory, who was gazing out the window.

"You really think so?!"

"Yes, and you're flirting back," I sighed.

He had caught me out. I took a deep breath.

"Lee..." I began.

"Never mind just be careful because when she finds out you're not doing it on purpose she'll be hurt," he walked back over to the table in time for Samuel placing the drinks on the table.

I fixed the hem of my dress before making my way back over to them and taking my seat.