[Chapter v] + [Don't Let Me Get Me]

++

Interviewer: What’s one thing you want that money can’t buy?

Harry: Freedom

++

Previously on Hanger in a Closet:

“You’re evil Styles,” Louis gleefully says.

He smiles and shifts closer to me. He carefully lays his head on my laps, his warm hand touching my thigh, legs folded to his stomach. For a blinding one second, I forget about everything that’s happened this morning about the world knowing my secret, Nick indirectly telling me he likes me, this afternoon when buying shitloads of drugs at great prices too and of course the climax of the story being Louis. Remember the time he held your hand when walking to Jinto’s house, my inner god smiles at the sunset.

Or when the warmth of his thighs was smashing into mine. He sat close to me when Jinto was narrating his war stories of 1944, like proper close to me, I recall.

And when he kept glancing at you when King was giving away drugs, my inner god ooh’s.

He did? I gleefully wonder. My heart does a somersault, and one for Louis. I guess it didn’t matter if he looked at me or not, just as long as he was beside me, I didn’t care what we were doing together. Ugh, I sound like a caveman.

“But I’m better than Nathan.”

“Yes you are.”

“What’s going on with the both of you?” Zayn asks, chewing on his gum furiously.

Let me get you up to speed, Harry and Louis stopped talking to each other. Well, that’s not entirely true, they do talk – in loud pitches, low bases and with fists. Harry’s the one with the fists. It started that night they were cuddled before the TV and Harry took massive amounts of Coine and the next day, he was in a dazed phase of high, and Louis told Harry once to ‘sod off’ because ‘I’m working’ to which Harry took it personally and punched him accidentally below the ribs but it continued like this for the rest of the afternoon. King and Ed came over and off they went out and the next morning Harry would have no recollection of yesterday’s events.

This continued for a week now and every day, Louis secretly grew scared and terrified of Harry, incapable of knowing what Harry might do to him next.

“Nothing,” Louis angrily says shifting in his seat, his eyes downcast on his thighs.